Need help troubleshooting a few codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ourobos

Reaction score
Hi, just joined, picked up a 2007 Liberty Limited for my daughter who just started driving. This is my second Liberty.

Truck drives fine, occasionally takes 2-3 times turning it over to start, but I want to get a jump on issues to line out ASAP. Any thoughts on this?

It is throwing a code P1411. Going to change the oil to 5w20 synthetic see if that helps, any ideas on how to diagnose if not the issue?

Throwing ABS codes C102a and C1035 - Going to inspect both rear wheel speed sensors, guessing those are the issue, open to other ideas?

Has a misc code of P2101.. No idea on that?

Glad to be a new member, thanks for any input or advice.

Ourobos

Reaction score
Sorry.. It's a U1411.. I have inspected most wiring under dash and the rear chassis. Considering it takes 2/3 key cycles to start and the gas gauge will randomly drop to empty when full, I ordered a fuel pump and sender in hopes of remedying that.

Saw some fluid on both rear wheel sensors, cleaned those no change. Have two new ones on the way.

I do have my ABS/ESP/Brake/Traction Control lights on. Hoping the wheel sensor will solve all that.

No idea on the C2101 (sorry, was P2101). I've downloaded the service manual and seeing my typos.

In the mean time, doing all fluids and maintenance.

Odd one, LR window won't work with master window switch (have two of them), but works with the rear switch.. Wiring?

Will update this post soon.

Ourobos

Reaction score
So I put a fuel pressure gauge on the rail.. I can prime the key once, zero pressure. If I prime it 2+ times, pressure spikes to 20 psi or so and bleeds right back down to zero. I assume this sin't correct. Once I start it, I have 48-49 psi. I'm reading spec is 54-64 psi. When I turn it off, it doesn't not hold pressure at all, is it supposed to for a bit? Does this sound like a failing pump / sender causing my hard start issues, fuel gauge to drop to zero randomly, and code U1411? Have a pump on it's way.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Ourobos

Reaction score
No Plate.. And the tank clears my receiver hitch, or appears to.. Should make quick work of it after I run this 15 gallons out, but with this thing that won't take long :D

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I drove my Jeep a few days ago, wasn't paying attention... thought I had enough fuel.
Suddenly this happened.."PIG"

Attachments

• Low Fuel Warning Small.jpg
    Low Fuel Warning Small.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 8

Ourobos

Reaction score
Just wanted to update, I got the ESP, traction control, ABS and Brake lights off and codes gone by replacing both rear speed sensors.. What is ODD is that the bad sensors were both showing ~485 ohm resistance. The new two were both ~520 ohms. I had read spec is 900-1300... Replaced them, backed out of the driveway, and 10 feet down the road the lights are gone, and still gone over multiple trips. Odd, but totally happy with it.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Good job! Glad to hear that the speed sensors fixed the ABS, traction control, ESP codes etc.
I've never had to look at those specs, as my 04 is basic, has none of that nanny stuff, including TPM.
I'm also glad I do not have a sunroof ! It rains here way too much!

Ourobos

Reaction score
One last update...

New fuel pump assembly..

Code U1411 is gone after clearing it and not returning, the Jeep starts on the first twist of the key, and the fuel gauge appears to be working well now. I have to say, this was the easiest in tank pump I've ever changed, 30 minutes.

This $1000 Liberty and $500 in parts in maintenance is ready for the road after clearing the 6 dash lights :D

Thanks for the input / help, maybe this will help someone in the future.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to answer the original question, I was able to get my PIN from the parts department, but it wasn't exactly easy. The guy behind the counter mentioned the fee, but after I threw a hissy fit about how they were basically strong arming me into doing business only with them that he finally wrote it down. In my personal opinion, don't even bother trying to get the PIN from the service department, as most of them are blood sucking bastardos only interested in making their commissions. Grab your license and registration and head straight to the parts guy. If you don't have luck, try another Jeep/Chrysler dealership (if not too far away) or go another time when someone else might be working.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to answer the original question, I was able to get my PIN from the parts department, but it wasn't exactly easy. The guy behind the counter mentioned the fee, but after I threw a hissy fit about how they were basically strong arming me into doing business only with them that he finally wrote it down. In my personal opinion, don't even bother trying to get the PIN from the service department, as most of them are blood sucking bastardos only interested in making their commissions. Grab your license and registration and head straight to the parts guy. If you don't have luck, try another Jeep/Chrysler dealership (if not too far away) or go another time when someone else might be working.
Although i think we are in the wrong thread, i’ll agree that parts is way easier than service.

my 06 is nothing to write home about. She is eligible for the hitch recall.

service guy was all hot and bothered to get it scheduled but wouldn’t give the pin up unless he sold and programmed some keys.

few months later, i needed parts for another ride and my favorite parts guy hooked me up.

KortniJo-eep

Reaction score
Hi, just joined, picked up a 2007 Liberty Limited for my daughter who just started driving. This is my second Liberty.

Truck drives fine, occasionally takes 2-3 times turning it over to start, but I want to get a jump on issues to line out ASAP. Any thoughts on this?

It is throwing a code P1411. Going to change the oil to 5w20 synthetic see if that helps, any ideas on how to diagnose if not the issue?

Throwing ABS codes C102a and C1035 - Going to inspect both rear wheel speed sensors, guessing those are the issue, open to other ideas?

Has a misc code of P2101.. No idea on that?

Glad to be a new member, thanks for any input or advice.
I know my 08 liberty was getting a little rough, almost hopping like you said. Luckily I have a great friend who’s an awesome mechanic (and just person too) who replaced my spark plugs, coil pack, waterpump

He said check the EGR and clean throttle body. He said synthetic will not help issue. Start with the EGR an throttle body ‍♀️

Latest posts

Members online