Need help, replacing manual seats with power seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clampet

Reaction score
can someone Help me hook up power seats for my daughter liberty.
we have 2004 Sport Manual and donor 2004 limited Power, heated seats. Same color code.
4 wires to the drive side and 3 wires to the passenger wire.
I really only need to get the power seats to work at this time.
I do have the donor limited wiring available I can pull.
Looking for a quick easy option right now.
Image 1 Passenger side Sport
Image 2 Drive side Sport
Image 3 Drive side Limited

Pictures attached. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Jeep Liberty.jpg
    Jeep Liberty.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Jeep Liberty 2.jpg
    Jeep Liberty 2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Jeep Liberty 3.jpg
    Jeep Liberty 3.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 12

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just for the power for the seats, forget which fuse I used but just ran a wire there to fuse block and wired them up
That was 5-6 years ago or so, was always going to redo it, but it has worked well so forgot about rewiring
All of mine came out of 03 Limiteds , both in the 03 and 04

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now just trying to power the passenger seat any ideas
Did this swap in a 2004 about 9-10 years ago. Usually there is a hot lead and ground to the driver's seat that just requires a CB in the fuse box (as you found out). Now what you do is get some wire of the same gauge (that's important) as the driver's seat wiring. Tap off of your hot and ground and run them under the carpet; you'll need to poke a hole in the carpet. You said you have the donor wiring, I'd try to use as much from the donor car as you can so it plugs right into the seat. As it is highly unlikely two people in the front will be sitting there tweaking the seats at the same time for an extended period it will work perfectly.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
I also did this a couple times. I got under the carpet and tapped in to a "hot wire". Just be sure it's thick enough to handle the power! I had no issues after doing this.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Thank, I need to add the ground wire, Thank All of You,
As others have stated, the gauge of wire is very important. I suggest AWG 12 multistrand core for a good ground and AWG 14 for any hot wire applications. (You should NEVER use solid core wire for low voltage applications, though it is OK for non CanBus Grounds) It is also vitally important to have a good ground. I suggest taking the chosen location down to bare metal with a dremel or the like and using a proper hoop termination on the ground line, then ***** it in place and encapsulate it with a bit of silicone sealant. In this case I would ensure the ground is a separate connection from the other grounds in the seat are. (like the airbag passenger presence sensor and the like if equipped)

spikelinux

Reaction score
Hello, greetings from Mexico, I hope my translation can explain it to me, I recently got some electric seats from a KJ 03, and if I want to put them on my KJ 07 Sport, could you help me with the connections?

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this swap in a 2004 about 9-10 years ago. Usually there is a hot lead and ground to the driver's seat that just requires a CB in the fuse box (as you found out). Now what you do is get some wire of the same gauge (that's important) as the driver's seat wiring. Tap off of your hot and ground and run them under the carpet; you'll need to poke a hole in the carpet. You said you have the donor wiring, I'd try to use as much from the donor car as you can so it plugs right into the seat. As it is highly unlikely two people in the front will be sitting there tweaking the seats at the same time for an extended period it will work perfectly.
What is a cb? Sorry I am adding a drivers side power rail to my kj while i am waiting for other parts and i am trying to figure this out.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Circuit breaker. There is (or at least there was) a very good write-up in the 'How To' section.

Latest posts

Members online