Need advice replacing shocks and springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wisjeeper

Reaction score
So I want to replace my shocks and springs on my 06. I know they are sagged as I only measured 18in in the front.

Can I just get OEM parts or should I look for aftermarket like Bilstein or Rancho?

Will that give me a little lift and articulation because they're new parts?
IF I have the money and want a little small easy extra lift that's safe and easy what should I do? I've seen way to much out there to know what's best for me.

Just looking for improved performance and articulation when I'm wheeling thanks! :headbang:

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been discussed a lot.
Cheaper good solution is OME springs with Bilstein or OME shocks.
Best solution JBA coilovers.
Check http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/lift-faq-read-before-asking-questions-47137/
Personally, I went for the OME lift and my Jeep has nothing to do with how it was with stock shocks and springs.
I would also recommend adding in replacement JBA upper A arms to help keep your alignment in specs with the lift. The JBA A arms are required for 2.5" lifts and more.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
New shocks alone won't give you lift...need new coils too! x2 on the above.

Where in WI are you? I'm in La Crosse...I don't see anything wheeling around here :(

wisjeeper

Reaction score
New shocks alone won't give you lift...need new coils too! x2 on the above.

Where in WI are you? I'm in La Crosse...I don't see anything wheeling around here :(

I'm up in superior where there is ZERO stuff going on. But I'm on a group called Wisconsin Jeep Owners Group on Facebook, they do a lot in the Appleton, green bay area.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I ran that combo for 60,000 miles and it was awesome - only had to get HD up front since I got a winch.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of used OME medium and heavy duty rear springs that are up for sale if you are interested.
How much are you asking for the springs?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online