NAPA outer tie rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to replace the lower ball joints in the 03 Liberty 4x4 this weekend. I bought MOOG K3199 ball joints (USA made) from Rock Auto. Got them, and they look great.
After looking at the rusty nut and threads on the outer tie rod ends, I decided to get new outer tie rod ends as well. Just in case.
Anyway, since I needed the parts this weekend, I had to source them locally. I bought NAPA outer tie rod ends (the good ones, NCP, NAPA Chassis Parts). They cost twice as much as the cheaper line of tie rod ends, and also more than AZ or Advance. Anyone use them? The website showed a part stamped 'USA', but the parts are Made in Taiwan. I have heard the Taiwan made parts are usually better than China. Just wondered if anyone has used the NAPA tie rod ends.
Thanks!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have. Replaced the passenger side outer with one, lasted about 70k, warrantied it for another.

tomrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect the NAPA Chassis Parts tie rod ends are Mevotech. They have blue boots and are Made in Taiwan. Hmmm, should I worry? MOOG Problem Solver better?

Latest posts

Members online