my stock suspension is SHOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luigi1285

Reaction score
well after a lil poken round. i noticed my kk leans left. on top of that my drivers front bump stop is shredded. the suspension is sagging so much that the cv axels are angled up. on both sides i could barley squeeze a finger in between the upper control arm and the bump stop. now my question is....is this normal 25k miles later?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most suspension are good for 30,000 or so and then they are showing signs of sagging. Some more than others but it sounds like you have an extreme case.
I've seen them sag two inches in 50,000 miles and other 1.5 inches in 75,000 depends on the weight you carry, type of roads everyday you are on etc.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 83000 on my stock suspension and while I'm sure it's sagged somewhat and the shocks/struts need replacing, I would hardly describe the condition of my suspension as "shot" let alone noticably sagging in any particular direction. So what you describe seems more problematic... well beyond normal wear and tear.

luigi1285

Reaction score
I have a service appointment thursday. I'm hoping they do the right thing because from the sounds of it compare to you guys its not normal at all. But honestly I have zero faith in the dealer. I have brought the kk there numerous times for the ****** clunking into first and for the engine almost stalling then reving back up randomly at a stop. They have yet to fix either.

Midgear

Reaction score
I have 130 thousand miles on my 2002 Jeep liberty, and it has bone stock suspension and bump stops and my CV axles are pretty much parallel with the road. It is noticably sagging, but holy shitbawlz batman, it sounds like you've got a serious problem.

I can still get 3 fingers in between my UCA's and bump stops.

luigi1285

Reaction score
Of course lol. That y I'm hopen they do the right thing. But for every other issue I've brought it in for like the dropping rpms and engine shaking and the ****** they always seem to come back with the tech couldn't reproduce the symptom . Gotta feeling they gonna tell me that this is normal wear and tear now for the suspension.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that last picture, has the knuckle been hitting the lower control arm?

That suspension doesnt appear to be sagging at all to me. Seems they put longer bumper stops on the kk's though. Just get an OME suspension and be done with it.

luigi1285

Reaction score
the last picture shows how the cva is angled up going from the differential to the wheel. which shows how baddly its sagging. i will try and re size the pictures

luigi1285

Reaction score
well figure id give u an update. the libby still at service. finally received a call yesterday which made a week. i dropped it off for the second time for ****** clunking, 5th time for stalling issues, and the suspension. i get a call the women tells me that they couldnt get the symptom to occur and that the light clunk from park to drive is normal. (Argh) i corrected her and told her the issue is when you start moving from a stop and the ****** changes gears it clunks. :mad::mad::mad: . she then proceeded to tell me that the front struts were worn and needed to be replaced along with the bump stops and sway bar bushings. i explained that the struts dont explain why the vehicle is sagging to the ground and suggested looking at the springs also. chairshot.gif . i then also asked her to check the rear suspension considering the front suspension had issues so quickly. didnt even remember to ask what the status was of the stalling issue because by that time i was frustrated at her stupidity.wtf.gifwtf.gifwtf.gif(banghead)(banghead)

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call the zone office about that dealer. Be nice as you complain. Also the 09 KK suspension was improved, I wonder if you could get those parts.

In the past I have seen cars sag to one side because of 400 lb. drivers or being parked a lot on the side of a crowned road.

luigi1285

Reaction score
how would i find the "zone office" phone number. also i really am thinking about apply for a lemon because asside from the major problems ive had numerous small problems. in a year and a half i have 30 pages of service reports :mad:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how would i find the "zone office" phone number. also i really am thinking about apply for a lemon because asside from the major problems ive had numerous small problems. in a year and a half i have 30 pages of service reports :mad:
All common issues it seems like for a 1st year run of a completely new vehicle line.

I worked at a dealership when the H2 1st came out(a GM/Jeep dealership) and 2 weeks after the H2 was officially on sale it had over 150 TSB's on it already and all where addressed for the mid/2nd year productions.Just 1 example that stuck in my mind.

Better read up on your states lemon law,some don't have a law and most are only covers the 1st year or 12,000miles.Cost alot of $$$ in some states as you need a specific lawyer also.

luigi1285

Reaction score
There's another thing besides lemon law spoke to lawyer. Also lawyer doesn't cost anything outta pocket. I'm in ny

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worked for a ChryPlyDodge dealer from around 76 to 80, the worst KK ever built is not going to be as bad as anything built at the Hamtramck plant at that time. Are there any Plymouth Trail Dusters still running? I did see a Dodge Ramcharger from around that time not too long ago. SUVs before they called them that.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I worked for a ChryPlyDodge dealer from around 76 to 80, the worst KK ever built is not going to be as bad as anything built at the Hamtramck plant at that time. Are there any Plymouth Trail Dusters still running? I did see a Dodge Ramcharger from around that time not too long ago. SUVs before they called them that.

ThunderbirdJunkie's neighbor from when he lived in Michigan still has and drives his '82? TrailDuster