my nj kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figure i might as well star a journal. Better late then never.

Out with the old in with the new

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

Up in the air

Starting the rear

Installed

On to the front

All finished

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking KJ with the lift. I like the way the grill color matches the fenders. It sets it off nice and looks unique.

Dave

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man im glad people like it. I have pretty much the only moded kj in my area. All my friends are like "why the hell did you get a liberty?" Haha best ride/ability compromise if you ask me. Any way Im slowly trying to match all the grays and blacks to one color. I dont understand why the factory colors are gray bumpers and fenders and then the mirrors are a black and the roof rails are a diff black. I like it all uniform, satin black is a really good match with the bed liner. I want to do a black patch on the hood too, i just dont know what parts im going to paint yet. Ive seen pics of people copying the wrangler hood but i wana do something diff, maybe just the center indent on the hood and fade it out near the windshield with a warped screen from my silk screening shop to create a half tone effect.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Can't wait to get my lift in the spring! I feel the same way about having the only modded kj in my local area too. Except for a completely chromed out red kj that I see from time to time. Guarantee it will never see a day away from the pavement.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She looks good! We have twin kj's

Haha love it! I have a few more plans for it but it needs to be warmer for most of them though. Hopefully this spring i can finish the last little touches to truely make it mine.

Oh and by the way i really like the spray on your tail lights. I might just have to borrow that idea.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here....damn never-ending project. Just use one pece of tape for the circl edge, makes it easy to peel off =)

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet deal. Ill probly pull the housing off tonight and spray them. Did you scuff the lens or just clean it real good?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You used plasti-dip? I was thinking of using vht nightshades so its not completely black.

The parts that he sprayed with the plasti can be totally covered. Only the 2 circles on the lens shine light through so the sides and in betweens doesnt really matter

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The parts that he sprayed with the plasti can be totally covered. Only the 2 circles on the lens shine light through so the sides and in betweens doesnt really matter

I know that, its just that I don't really like the completely blacked out look I prefer it smoked instead.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i were going to smoke them out i would do the whole lens. I like the way smoked lens' look but ive almost rear ended a few diff cars with smoked tail lights. Super hard to see if someones breaking during the day lol

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i were going to smoke them out i would do the whole lens. I like the way smoked lens' look but ive almost rear ended a few diff cars with smoked tail lights. Super hard to see if someones breaking during the day lol

Oh I know that too well, that's why I wouldn't do the two spots where the reflector and bulbs are just the surround.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trimming some fat

After seeing kjwestons front bumper mod i decided that it would look good on mine as well so i broke out some tools and got to cutting. It cut really easy, and i think it came out pretty good. Its a nice alternative for some one who wants an aftermarket bumper but doesnt have the cash.

I ran out of daylight and wanted to eat and have a few beers so i called it a night. I still need to do a few things. Have to sand down the plastic burrs and shape the the curves in the cut. Then just relocate the washer bottle(will post a write up when i do it) and i want to spray some parts of the frame that are now exposed with bed liner and im all done

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that's a lot of salt! The streets around me are basically white and my jeep doesn't look that salty.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure to give her a bath and wipe away the salt! =P

Wow that's a lot of salt! The streets around me are basically white and my jeep doesn't look that salty.

Alot of towns are using this liquid sodium stuff instead of the grit. But both make a super salty spray off the car in front of you. Im guna take her over to the pay n spray and get that crap off tomorrow. Im currently nursing a hangover and need to get my ass in gear and relocate that washer bottle.