My New Lift!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTF

Reaction score
With the stock suspension barely able to hold my 03' KJ off the bump stops during the last winter, I decided it was time for a new suspension, so why not go with a lift?

After a LOT of research, and some questions on here, I took the advice of tommudd and others on here and skipped over the BDS, Rusty's and other lifts and did it right the first time.

I went with Ironman Springs front and rear, and Bilstein shocks all around. I put on the extended front bump stops and went with the hockey pucks in the rear. It took the better part of Saturday, but I tackled the whole job myself with the help of a $40 set of Napa spring compressors and the nice how-to write up on here.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you guys for steering me in the right direction. I just got it aligned yesterday, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Some of the same bumps that would nearly knock your fillings out are a non-event now. It rides and handles exponentially better than it ever did before and looks great too!

Thanks!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! :party52:

Like driving a brand new vehicle, isn't it? Until you actually do a full spring lift it's hard to imagine the improvement - don't burn through your monthly gas budget this week enjoying your new Liberty! :smokin:

Bob

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Nice huh? And to think they want more $$$ at the dealership, to replace that stuff with the same ol crap it came with.

Enjoy!

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I'm nearing 82k miles and need to start looking at lifts. Just need to start saving money or buy the parts here and there. Also need to measure how tall the garage is lol.

***** that my wrist has been hurting when applying a lot of pressure or odd angles. Two months ago I ended up over doing it when sanding drywall. Took a week or so for the pain to go away and wore a splint. So I'm not so sure I can do the lift on my own :(

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome! I'm nearing 82k miles and need to start looking at lifts. Just need to start saving money or buy the parts here and there. Also need to measure how tall the garage is lol.

***** that my wrist has been hurting when applying a lot of pressure or odd angles. Two months ago I ended up over doing it when sanding drywall. Took a week or so for the pain to go away and wore a splint. So I'm not so sure I can do the lift on my own :(

Uhhh... you have met your local KJ'ers, right? ;) Can we say "wrench fest?" (Cheers)

My lift will need renewing next year probably, as there are a LOT of miles on it... so we'll be in good company. :D

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhhh... you have met your local KJ'ers, right? ;) Can we say "wrench fest?" (Cheers)

My lift will need renewing next year probably, as there are a LOT of miles on it... so we'll be in good company. :D

Wooo for wrenching :D ***** we haven't been able to make the meets lately. Seems there's always something to do on the weekends lol. Maybe next week I'll start putting a list together of what I'll need to buy and aim for lift next year or end of year. All extra money is currently going into decorating the new house :Insane:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

My first lift took me a couple of months of every week putting some back and saving up, but was well worth it in the long run.
Second one was about the same, parts came from 4 different places over a few months time.
Now I'm about ready for the 3rd one :laughing1:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Wooo for wrenching :D ***** we haven't been able to make the meets lately. Seems there's always something to do on the weekends lol. Maybe next week I'll start putting a list together of what I'll need to buy and aim for lift next year or end of year. All extra money is currently going into decorating the new house :Insane:

It's all good - no worries. :) We're doing a get-together on Saturday. PM me if you're available and want details.

I'm done hijacking this poor guy's thread. :sorrysign:

Latest posts

Members online