My New Liberty!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyingpylon

Reaction score
Picked up my new '05 Liberty Sport last night... it's great! It was a long, strange trip on the way to finally getting exactly what I wanted, but in the end I got a great deal and the dealer went out of their way to make sure I was happy.

You must be registered for see images

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site. Jeep looks good. Congrats on getting what you wanted. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Welcome. (biggrin)

I bought mine at Champion, due to having what I wanted. I wouldn't go out of my way to use them again. Are you going to use the dealer for service?

sbelkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flyingpylon said:
Picked up my new '05 Liberty Sport last night... it's great! It was a long, strange trip on the way to finally getting exactly what I wanted, but in the end I got a great deal and the dealer went out of their way to make sure I was happy.

First time I have heard someone say a dealership went out of thier way helping them... I hope it stays that way! And not to knock you down off your high...welcome aboard. I like the look of the new fog lights. (band2)

flyingpylon

Reaction score
Well, they went out of their way after they sent me on the "long strange trip" I mentioned. Point is, they ultimately did the right thing without me demanding it and I'm very happy with the end result.

grogiefrog- not sure about service. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the service facilities, though I'm not sure if it matters. We've driven Ford and Honda vehicles in the last several years and their service areas have been top notch... well lit, professional looking, and you could probably eat off the floors. These guys don't measure up to that standard. Also, I work fairly close to Eastgate Chrysler on the east side of Indy, so they might be more convenient, but I've never used them either. Have you actually used the service dept at Champion?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flyingpylon said:
Have you actually used the service dept at Champion?

I did use Champion for my first free oil change. I went in about an hour before closing. The guy acted slightly cheesed that I was asking for an oil change when they were trying to get things done for the day. I had called the day before and was told that it would be fine. But he had it taken care of in about twenty-minutes. I did watch a young guy struggle to get off the bolt for the first time, lol. It took him three attempts! Anyway, they have a nice place. I am going to do a five-tire rotation soon myself, and I'll try them out again to change the oil. I wish that I knew a trustworthy small shop to use... as I also use Penske Honda and their rates are high. BTW, I'm near Zionsville so Champion is close.

2003KJ

Reaction score
sbelkins said:
flyingpylon said:

First time I have heard someone say a dealership went out of thier way helping them... I hope it stays that way! And not to knock you down off your high...welcome aboard. I like the look of the new fog lights. (band2)

My dealer had my KJ driven in from the next town so I could have what I wanted. I didn't haev to ask either, I just told them exactly what I wanted and they said, "we found one in the next town, (20min away), and we'd be more than happy to drive it over if you'd like" all I said was "sure!"

So I guess that makes 2 of us who have decent dealers...LOL

flyingpylon

Reaction score
kj lad said:
Didn't like the new front end, but yours looks really good..... maybe it's growing on me now.

Ian

I like the original front bumper design better too, but I think one thing that makes a difference on mine is the front license plate bracket. It's a small thing, but it breaks up the long straight lines of the new bumper.

And yes, I will be getting rid of that dorky dealer plate!