my KJ engine light is ON on the dashboard, anyone knows why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoxChung

Reaction score
my KJ engine light is ON on the dashboard, anyone knows why?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
calling all psychics.....
j/k....go to autozone or equivalent and have them pull the code, they can tell you what it might be

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you are going to need to be a little more specific. I cant remember how, but there is a way to get the Jeep to show you the error code. If you get that, then you could get an answer on here.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha..

Gosh, Ive got this really bad pain.. Anyone know what... Ohh wait.. I just need to go to the bathroom. \:D/

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Haha..

Gosh, Ive got this really bad pain.. Anyone know what... Ohh wait.. I just need to go to the bathroom. \:D/

Hey. I know you guys are just kidding, but try to be a little kinder towards them. I mean they are pretty new on here and don't exactly want to scare off the noob. O:) O:) O:)

2003KJ

Reaction score
Let us know if you're able to pull the codes off yourself with the trick. I've seen a lot of reports that on 99% of Chrysler vehicles the trick doesn't work, and its merely a instrumentation test.

FoxChung

Reaction score
This morning I drove my KJ for dealer to have a look. They didn't tell me the code but said it was the torque converter overheat. Now the dealer clear the code and the engine light is now off. Btw, I print out the code-cracking instructions that Bennet posted and leave it in my car. maybe I may need it next time when the engine light is ON again.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=325