My Jeep Be Like.. Ewwww - Ahhhh....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkJeepKJ

Reaction score
Well after taking a couple road trips, the Jeep got dirty and it was getting very dull looking. Some say I am a neat freak, I might agree. With the KJ looking dull, and losing its new look day by day; I finally decided I needed to do something about it. I looked over the net and decided to pick up... just a couple things.

Here’s a list to be exact:

Mothers Clay Bar
Meguiars DC-1
Meguiars DC-2
Meguiars DC-3
Meguiars All Wheel Cleaner
Meguiars Tire Spray
Meguiars Quik Interior
Meguiars Quik Detailer
Meguiars Quik Wax
Meguiars Scratch X
Meguiars PlastX
Invisible Glass
Rain-X Bug and Tar Remover
Meguiars Wax Applicators

Couple hundred bucks later, I was ready to start my new adventure.

All cleaned off, I started…

Never using a clay bar before, and hearing it can do bad things to black paint, I admit I was some what nervous. I started, and could here the scratching as the vehicle became clean. It left a nice looking shine and sure did feel like glass.

After claying, I debated if it was worth using Megs – DC-1. I decided, “what the hell” I said, “it needs all the time and cleaning it can get.” I couldn’t believe the difference after using the clay bar, this stuff took off white spots on my hood that almost made me cry when I thought they where rock chips. My hood came clean, and the front bumper looked great! I was shocked, and went to get the GF to see if my eyes where playing tricks on me. She too was stunned and couldn’t believe how well this Meg’s Paint Cleaner was working. I finished the KJ and stood back admiring her. WOW!

I then started with DC-2, the polish. This brought a nice shine to it and made the paint look brand new, giving the wet look appeal.

I went on to the final step. Deep Crystal Wax. Applied it to the whole body, let it dry, then simply wiped it off in minuets. But I didn’t stop there.

I grabbed the can of Invisible Glass and started cleaning the water spots off the glass, leaving the windows super clean. She was almost done.

Last step, I wasn’t sure how the PlastX would work, but I spent the money on it as my KJ deserved it. I rubbed it on with a terry cloth to all my lights, and the fogs, and it made a nice difference.

It went on to rain that night, but I got up and used the Quik Detail, which brought back the shine.

I have decided to keep up with the KJ. It may not be the easiest thing up here in the north of British Columbia, but it sure is worth it. It keeps a smile on my face, and the KJ like new!

So that’s my story, and here’s my Jeep. I hope you guys like…

PS: The Hellas are not yet wired, they just got mounted the other day.

Attachments

• 2646600_8_full.jpg
    2646600_8_full.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 54
  • 2646600_9_full.jpg
    2646600_9_full.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 2646600_10_full.jpg
    2646600_10_full.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 2646600_11_full.jpg
    2646600_11_full.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2646600_12_full.jpg
    2646600_12_full.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 37

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks nice! I've never owned a black vehicle, mainly for the reason that it takes a little more work to keep it looking new. But, it turned out great and now it should be a little easier to keep it that way.:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
BlkJeepKJ.....awesome . Black is beautiful when it's cleaned up.

I finally cleaned all the dirt and mud off mine the other day, but it doesn't look as good as yours.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online