my 2008 jeep liberty my nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OscarERead

Reaction score
Good afternoon to all, I have a 2008 Liberty 4x4 trail rated.... I live in st.kitts therefore all has to be self repaired or given to a clueless dealer which has no experience en jeep they have the dealership since 3 month ago ......anyhow, this is how my nightmare started.....

driving jeep realize there was no power, would not go over 40 miles a hour and sounded like bogging, like you had a lot of air coming in the intake but no power, climbing hills.....not a chance...., wife kept on using the jeep until a day she reached home and it wouldn't start........I ordered the BlueDriver in order to diagnostic ...it said caMshaft sensor bank A, i ordered a aftermarket one on amazon, a week later installed the sensor and nothing

Reading some posts i decided to order a crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor all oem...installed and nothing.....

as it didn't wanted to start ordered coil packs and spark plugs.....and no start, ordered fuel pump which was low fuel pressure, and no start, ordered fuel injectors no start, ordered a new ECU programmed for my jeep and no start, then decided to disconnect the camshaft sensor ...jeep starts shuts off in every corner and no power.....decided to pull out the intake manifold to look for cracks and nothing .....decided to disconnect the MAP sensor ....(jeep runs now without map and camshaft sensor.).....it runs and does not shuts off, but no power, just enough to get wife to office ........I AM LOST AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, just received egr valve and new map sensor and will replace today .....but my OBD codes are the following

C121CSTORED/MIL. TORQUE REQUEST SIGNAL DENIED
P0108 MAP SENSOR HIGH(I HAVE IT DISCONECTED)
P0340CAMSHAFTPOSITION SENSOR A (I HAVE IT DISCONECTED)

As i stated before today i will replace EGR and MAP sensor and check compression but if anyone have gone thru this please please please let me know......

forgot to mention that sometimes while running it starts misfiring and i shut off and start and seems to get better.......

Any light on this never ending tunnel will be much appreciated......

Thanks in advance

OR.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Wow that is a lot going on.
Did you buy all Mopar Sensors?
How many miles are on your 2008 KK engine?
Did you gap & replace the spark plugs yet? It surely wont run right if gap is eaten away.
How do the plugs look, tan color or? Copper core plugs only for the jeep.
Refer to your KK owners manual, ZFR6F-11G (Gap 0.043 in [1.1 mm]
Any codes for misfires? Sure hoping you can get it running properly without misfires etc..

OscarERead

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Wow that is a lot going on.
Did you buy all Mopar Sensors?
How many miles are on your 2008 KK engine?
Did you gap & replace the spark plugs yet? It surely wont run right if gap is eaten away.
How do the plugs look, tan color or? Copper core plugs only for the jeep.
Refer to your KK owners manual, ZFR6F-11G (Gap 0.043 in [1.1 mm]
Any codes for misfires? Sure hoping you can get it running properly without misfires etc..

LybertyTC

thanks for your reply!!
yes i bought all mopar sensors, spark plug wise, i replace the old ones for exactly the same as the jeep had when i bought it, will check gaps today and will let you know the details on them, now another question, is it possible for these jeeps 3.7L to loose timing? even if they are chain driven??

please let me know your thoughts

Thanks in advance

OR

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles on the engine? The timing chain has plastic tensioner and could be out to lunch, it may rattle or be noisy then.
Do you have any OBD2 misfire codes?

OscarERead

Reaction score
Engine has 67580 miles, have no rattling or noise on engine,
OBD2 says i do have multiple cylinder misfire
going to re order camshaft and crankshaft sensor to change them both one time
.... also have a torque signal denied.
...will the abs module could be causing all of this? have abs, esp and traction control(little orange jeep swirling) constantly on

Didn't had time to check spark plugs today, early morning will do cause mosquitoes are unbearable today not even with repellent can be controlled!!! lol, will let you know tomorrow