my 02 liberty renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here she is! i bought her used with 27k miles, now she has 33k on her. just did my second oil change at 32k. after it starts getting warmer out, im gonna put a whole day aside to to the ******, transfer case, front and rear diffs, spark plugs, wires, and cap and rotor(if it even has that lol, i dunno if its individual coils? dont remember)

or i might take it to the jeep dealer for all that, my dad knows the owner of a 5star jeep/chrysler dealer. or i might just have them do the ****** and change the filter in it, and ill do the rest of the other stuff.

my plans are...
either Rustys coil lift or frankenlift
Al's upper arms
powertrax or detroit tru-trac rear diff
mopar basket

thats the main stuff i wanna do, not sure on tires yet depending on when i lift it and what size tire i would go with. i have 235-75-15 mastercraft courser A/T on my 15x7 cragar wheels. and on my green renegeade wheels, i have the stock goodyears with 27k miles on them, which suck big time, i hate those tires, so damn slippery when they get worn down

i got my balljoints replaced at 32k. the stock ones werent worn or sloppy at all the mechanic said, he let me have the stock ones. and according to the jeep site, they were never replaced, so who knows

You must be registered for see images

this is the day i got it. sicne then, i took off the sidesteps, added mopar taillight guards, got mudflaps, got an AEM brute force intake, and got cragar wheels and put mastercraft tires on it, JVC cd player, alpine speakers, audiobahn 10" sub with MTX amp

after the cd player

new wheels, still with sidesteps

im kidna on hold for tires, because i want a set of agressive offroad tires, but cant get em yet because its not lifted yet. so the tires/size i get, depend on when i get a lift. i want BFG mud terrains for the black cragar wheels, and BFG all terrains for the stock green wheels

if i think of anything else, ill post it up :)

2003KJ

Reaction score
looks good!

And nope, no cap and rotor on the 3.7. It's got the modern coil pack ignition system. Just throw some new plugs in gapped properly and call it a done deal!

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i finally have a set plan for my jeep :) im getting the rustys coil lift, al's upper arms, powertrax rear diff, and 30x9.5x15 firestone destination MT's for my black wheels, and then whatever metric size matches up with that for my green 16" wheels, but BGF A/T's or REVO's on those.

i just dont know what to get first...probably lift since the tires will prob rub with no lift, then not sure if i should get the locker or tires next.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new pic :) it did unbelieveably well today even with the gooyear SR-A tires with 27k miles on them
You must be registered for see images attach

only thing i dont like is how much water gets into the engine bay when going through water. its all covered in muddy water, no chunks, just brown dried water everywhere, i have to wash it asap because i dont want that muddy water all over everything. should i used gunk engine degreaser or will the simple green work better?

heres the engine bay pics, and no, NO water got in the intake, took it off after every single water puddle and water got everywhere else but on the filter,wierd. wierd but lucky :) next time i go offroading i might put the stock intake back on, or somehow make it so i can slip a/the stock box over the filter.

the water i went through just went above the license plate at the deepest point, never went too far above the bumper as it splashed when i entered the puddle

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres a few more from st patties day wheelin

i need to get a engine skid, i already have the transfer case skid, front skid, and gas skid. the muffler also got used as a skid, has a small dent now lol

i was really surprised, as well as all the other guys who went, how good my jeep did with no locker and crappy stock goodyears with 28k miles on them. i should be getting 225-75-16 firestone destination MT's real soon, i cant wait. i wanted to get 245-70-16 or even the stock 235-70-16, but cant find a tire i like in that size

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my yakima lowriders and 48" crossbars today :)

not sure what will be next, gotta keep some money for bills, and let my checking account pick back up lol

still havent decided what lift i want, or what size tire. not sure if i want a powertrax or not, probabaly will get one. i just need to decide what to get first lol

i put black silicone on the end caps before i put them on and then wiped with a paper towel after i tapped em on with a small rubber mallet. i heard from someone they got water in the tubes, so i did it just in case