Multiple codes and cyl #4 misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spazticus

KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect my problem is similar to what David Vachon is asking about, but don't want to hijack his thread with my questions. ;-)

About two weeks ago my 2011 Liberty started getting that slight hesitation that only a daily driver would notice, and it's become a misfire on #4 (P0304). I was going to swap coils around this weekend but it got much worse this morning (now P0304 and P2302), so I stopped at NAPA and picked up a new coil for 3 & 4 (the center one). This has had no effect whatsoever, but having a spare coil will be nice.

All plugs and coils were replaced a little over a year ago, for what that's worth. I'll try replacing the the front coil now in case I've misinterpreted the order, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the cylinder arrangement and firing order of the 3.7.

You must be registered for see images

4 & 2 are adjacent to each other on the passengers side, and they’d be using different coils.

Spazticus

KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
A happy update...

After swapping the coils a couple times I still didn't see much improvement, although the misfire ranged at times from very obvious to subtle at higher speeds. I planned to swap plugs next, so I pulled the wires to see how deep they are set and plan what tools I need. After plugging the wires back in I haven't felt any misfire, and my idiot light went out.

So, before replacing a coil, I should have first just checked that my plug wires were snug. But having a spare coil for the future can't be a bad thing.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.