Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Mine's quite loud. Mainly tire roar but loud none-the-less.

Must be a newer KJ thing as mine has great sound damping.

When I was home a few years ago my Sister and her husband passed me on the interstate.I was doing 65mph(3000rpm's) and they said my KJ was so loud it was shaking there minivan.Took my brother in law for a ride at 65mph and he was amazed at how quiet it was inside till I rolled down the windows.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the start up and idle sound of those but revving sounds like a tin can
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvc8zT9iyWA
Go to 3:53 and you'll hear what I mean
Then again, videos don't do sound or light justice so it could just be the guys mic but it sure sounds like there's a tin can on the end of that tailpipe

I wonder if this KJ is the 4 cylinder? Mine sounded nothing like that lol. Mine was a nice deep growl. Even in the higher RPM's!

jeepbeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 40 series flowmaster with a resonator probably. They have the best muffler construction hands down. Next would be that one stainless catback you see around or Borla with resonator. You have three cats so it'll probably never bee too high db. HKS might have a catback.

To me it sounds like every other V6 without a resonator which it kind of is since it's basically a generic Mopar engine design without special stroke or valves.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a MBRP exhaust, I ask because I have a brand new MBRP exhaust systems sitting in the box in my attic.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had there dual exhaust cat-back system till I crushed the muffler on the trail.Damn thing is bigger then the OE muffler.Sounded good but not for offroading.

This was the single muffler, same length but a little wider muffler, it bolted in like a stock replacement kit.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the magnaflow # 13256 today , bolted it on and sounds great. Having it welded tomorow though because the fit isnt very tight and welded holds better obviously

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with the FM Super 44.. aggressive sound with low drone (I have music on a lot anyhow so no worries there)
Also because I found a hell of a deal including the muffler, new tail pipe, exhaust tip, and clamps all for under $200
I'll also be getting some black high heat paint to paint everything to one solid color and make it all look good
I plan on getting it all probably next week or so, so I'll keep updating my progress once I decide to buy it all!

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went with the Super 44 and it sounds GREAT
Loud outside but the drone actually isn't too bad
The drone is slightly loud when cruising down the highway but around town it's pretty quiet- when you let off the gas it's like it isn't even there especially since I always have music on

I've had it on for only two days so far so it'll take some getting used to but it was well worth it
I purchased the Super 44, exhaust tip, new tailpipe, extension and clamps all for under $200
Except, I paid for two day shipping for the tailpipe from Walker on the 24th and it's still not here so I'll be getting my money back for that

Anyway,
I would like to hear a sound clip of what ever you choose.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-O8P-l1t8c
Here you go!
Go forward to 0:51 to hear no muffler start up and then to 1:37 for the Super 44

Latest posts

Members online