Mr. Darcy Ninja Superstar!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been on the forum for a while and I'm not much of a modifier compared to some of the amazing beasts on here, but I have decided to share the story of Mr. Darcy Ninja Superstar. You never know, I might become rich and be able to do amazing things and then I will be happy to have this journal!

So... The beginning.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mr. Darcy and Mr. Creep. I bought Mr. Darcy (he did not come with the name, he told me after I had him for a few days) from a rental company down here who was upgrading to all 2011 Jeeps.

He's a 2006 and in his down time he enjoys the view of the British Virgin Islands from one of his favorite parking spots.

He likes long drives to the beach.

And playing in the mud.

He doesn't really like cruise ships but was willing to pose with the Oasis of the Seas after she begged. That's the second biggest cruise ship in the world and we think she's stinky!

Mr. Darcy and I both love music, so we upgraded the front speakers. The rest will come when I have more money.

I've never done any mods to a car, or jeep, or snowmobile, or anything for that matter, so it was a little scary but we did it!

Then we toned it down a notch and got new seat covers. Nothing fancy, just some basic protection I picked up at KMart.

Next major mod, and I didn't do it! The cargo shelf was a Christmas present from my boyfriend. Mr. Darcy loves it, I love it, it's awesome! I call it my office :)

So that's what we've got going right now.

Ideas for the future? YES! Next thing I'm going to do is make a dreamcatcher out of feathers my mom brought back from South Africa. Minor, but very important! Also I'm going to have the emergency brake worked on so the handle doesn't raise all the way up, it's not even useful!

Some more fun stuff I want to do... I would love to install an EVIC, I think that would be really cool and according to the forum possible! I would like to upgrade the coily things, it seems like it might give me a little bit of height and the roads down here are really bad so they'll go bad pretty quickly anyway.

And so that is the story of Mr. Darcy up until today, the 7th of January 2011 :)

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice sunny island pics of your JEEP (not a car)...haha.

It is snowing here right now. We are supposed to get a foot when it is done. I love it.

Dave

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Kitty,I dig his name.:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:
I think you should incorporate a ninja star in there somewhere.Mabe on the rear by the Jeep or 4X4 badge.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
January 12, 2011. Mr. Darcy goes for a sleepover. (Maintenance note)

Took Mr. Darcy in to get the emergency brake adjusted and have them look at the passenger door lock. http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47639

They found out that one of the rotors is pretty worn so they're fixing that and he has an appointment with the electrician to fix the door tomorrow. They gave me a wrangler to drive until he's done, meh. Wranglers are cool for some people, just not my style.

So hopefully tomorrow or the day after I'll have more information on the lock problem, a new rotor, and I'll be able to use my emergency brake!

I hope Mr. Darcy doesn't get scared at his sleepover!

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I showed the pics of Mr Darcy to Libby and Libby thinks hes looking good.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since Mr. Darcy was in a hit and run I decided to treat him and do a two day wash. I found a product at western auto that was referred by a friend called Dr. Mechanico and I am in love! Cleaned up the rims (I have been getting a lot of brake dust) and yesterday I did some interior work and it is incredible!
You must be registered for see images
this is the passenger side before cleaning. Not too bad, better than the driver side. (please note Mr. Darcy was a rental car, and tourists are dirty)

That's the driver side post Dr. Mechanico. It's hard to tell, wish I had done better before and after pics, but I am in love with this stuff.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Now I'm totally inspired to keep going and try cleaning different surfaces with this stuff.

And as a side note, I have an idea for the next mod I want to do. Inspired by my hit and run where Mr. Darcy tried to eat the Honda, wouldn't it be funny if I could get some fangs fabricated and either have them under the license or somehow worked into the grill? Input for this would be great! I like the idea of having teeth under the front so if we ever try eating a car again Mr. Darcy can leave some more recognizable damage :)

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have front tow hooks? If not, get a set... maybe paint them white (like teeth). They would leave an imprint on little things like Honda's. :D

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have front tow hooks? If not, get a set... maybe paint them white (like teeth). They would leave an imprint on little things like Honda's. :D

I don't! That would be both practical, and, well, practical for evil purposes :icon_twisted: A little red paint on the bottom of each of them and I think my point would be subtly put out there..

On another note, a slightly more boring note, I have a little mechanical-ish update. I want to change my oil so I went to the store and bought 5 qts of Valvoline 5W-30, a K&N oil filter and the K&N air filter. Now as soon as the boy has time he is going to teach me how to change my oil so I can do it myself next time :) And hopefully the new filters will help with my gas mileage which would be awesome since gas is averaging around $4.15 on island right now :favorites68:

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.... About two weeks ago I bought everything I need for an oil change, and a new air filter :) I went with K&N for both filters. I knew I wanted the air filter but I was comparing prices on oil filters that were available for Mr. Darcy and the prices were comparable so I went for it! Also picked up 5qts of 5W-30 Valvoline or something like that.

So here I am, two weeks later, wishing I knew how to change my own oil because everything time the boy has time to do it something happens! Yesterday we had set aside the entire morning and he ended up having to help one of his friends buy a car and when he finally got home we had torrential downpours for the rest of the day.

But.... When I finally get my oil changed (which I am determined to make happen before I need to buy gas for better MPG comparison) I am going to watch every single move so I can do it next time.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not related to previous post, just showing off the latest shot in Mr. Darcy's photo project

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my oil changed! I told the boy that I was watching how-to videos on oil changes and it terrified him into action! I also got the K&N air filter in so hopefully by my next fillup I'll be reporting greatly increased gas mileage! I'm not sure how I'm going to scare him into installing my iPod integration kit... I might just bribe somebody else to do it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not related to previous post, just showing off the latest shot in Mr. Darcy's photo project

Awesome pic.

Dave