Moving to the Victorville, CA area.

Discussion in 'California' started by LibertyOrDeath, Jul 28, 2012.

1. LibertyOrDeath

LibertyOrDeath Full Access Member

I am applying for a job in Victorville. I'm pretty sure I am going to be picked up there with my experience and training. I was told I could have an answer before August 8th, so I guess I better get the ball rolling a bit faster.

Anyway, I am looking for a decent place to live within about 45 minutes of Victorville. Somewhere with decent 4 bedrooms houses for around 1,200 a month, with a total budget for Rent, Water, Sewer, Garbage and Power of about $1600. Someplace without having to worry about bars on the window or having my children wear ballistic vests to school.

Is their anything I might need to know about moving to this area from Coastal Washington State? Something that people moving here might not be aware of.

2. tristanbell

tristanbell New Member

From Billings, MT stationed in 29 Palms, CA
    Did you end up moving to Victorville? If so we should hit some trails up sometime. I'm stationed in 29 Palms (about 1 1/2 hrs away).

3. Wulfhound

Wulfhound Full Access Member

Be careful there are some bad areas in Victorville. It's a High desert area. some white trash, not sure about cost of living there . Im in so. cal about 1hr45min away
    good luck on the job