Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by RenegadeKC, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ptsb5a

ptsb5a Full Access Member

Thanks Tom. I've already drilled/tapped holes in it and cut parts off. Swapped bars, internally wired bars, move turn signals to forks, chopped horn mount from upper engine mount, relocated horn, swapped out fork springs, put V&H pipe, SE intake, reflash ECU after a dyno tune... and since that pic I've replaced the licence plate bracket, replaced clutch, throttle and idle cables along with the brake line (too short for bars), did a wee tank lift, mucked around with other stuff and fell in love. It's not t all like the FXRS I had many years ago but 6 gears (not 4), fuel injection and a few other goodies like belt drive make this way too much fun. I do miss a good left side oil splatter from the chain oiler though.

2. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

Just sold my Buell Blast. My only runner. A bit of parts money for the project bikes. Hope to have a runner to test before winter.

3. Jo6pak

Jo6pak Full Access Member

Made a little video of a solo ride up to Copper Harbor, MI last month. Still working on my editing/arranging skills. And after uploading I noticed some things I could have done different...but here it is.

Comments, critiques and suggestions are welcome as I am always looking to improve.

[YT]4SM9nyr4uXE [/YT]

4. CzarKJ

CzarKJ Full Access Member

Picked up a 03 Triumph Speed Master a few weeks ago. Gave it a quick wash and wax today.

[​IMG]20160318_194046 by Timothy C, on Flickr

Anyone know anything about upgrading H4 headlights? Was thinking of going either sealed beam or LED. I was going to throw in a Phillips Extremevision but based on the Jeep needing 2 for good sight and add two fogs just to see the road ahead I think I want brighter. So far options...

LED
    3800 Lumen H4 LED Headlight bulb

Sealed Beam
    http://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-H6024-XtraVision-Halogen-Headlight/dp/B000C18Q44

5. eyehatetofu

eyehatetofu JPOTM WINNER

Nice! I aways liked those. Triumph makes a lot of cool bikes. One day I will find a deal on a newer Bonnevile or Thurxton.

I totally forgot there was a thread about motorcycles on here. I'll have to snag a pic of my scoot. I got a 07 Suzuki Burgman 400 awhile back.

6. CzarKJ

Upgraded the headlight today to LED. Man what a difference.

Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

7. CzarKJ

Added a small oil temp gauge. Should help to know what's normal.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]
    Closeup
    [​IMG]

8. Adam Roby

Adam Roby Full Access Member

Been riding bikes since I was very young. Bought my first "street" legal bike when I was 14. A Yamaha 50cc 4-speed...

Just sold my last bike last summer. Was the bike I had been dreaming about for 20 years but I never pulled the trigger. Finally bought it 3-4 years ago, a 2006 Suzuki Intruder 1400. Always loved the look of the bike, but I find the big V-Twins just don't do it for me. They vibrate and make a ton of noise, but that's about it. I think my favorite bikes (in retrospect) were my Hondas. Never had a Honda I did not like. All were quality built, could ride for hours upon hours, be comfortable, not run out of gas like on most of the sportsters, and never break down. Back got so bad I had to stop riding. Was sitting there for over 3 years and finally sold it at a loss. Had back surgery and do not know if I will ever ride again, but for some reason don't even have the urge. Funny when that is all I thought about for 30 years... dreaded winter just because I had to stop riding. Since the surgery, its like they cut out my desire to ride.

9. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

Pain takes the fun out of everything. Maybe you'll want to ride again when you're fully healed.

BMW R1100S was my dream bike when I was younger. Finally got one... Numbs my hands and the bars don't adjust; gotta slow down for ALL the curves; parts are SPENDY. It really wants an autobahn.

I get more fun from smaller displacement bikes that can be flogged through the gears without getting into the astronomical ticket price range.

Maybe someday you'll hop on the right bike and enjoy them again.

10. twowings

twowings Full Access Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My new ride...

11. CzarKJ

Nice! I like it. That u haul trailer is nifty as well haha

12. boboborino

boboborino Full Access Member

I agree on both counts!Love the bike and I had to take a closer look at that uhaul trailer, never knew they had such for rental. I hate this thread! I had a bike but I had to sell it in 2009 due to a hockey accident which put me out of work for six months, so money was tight and the toys had to go. I've been thinking long and hard about a new bike!

Bert

13. allen

allen New Member

I been riding bikes since 1973. Presently commute on a Triumph Explorer 1200 2014. previous was a Tiger 955i did 97000 Km. Awesome. South Africa is a bikers dream.

14. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

15. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

My husband's 1982 Kawasaki KZ 550 LTD.

[​IMG]

16. CzarKJ

Took day one of the safety training class today. Putted around on a Honda nighhawk. Lots of good information.

17. twowings

twowings Full Access Member

Even though I've been riding bikes since 1967, I am taking the class, too...just to make sure I know what the hell I'm doing...:gr_grin:

18. CzarKJ

Passed the course and got my license. Went for the inaugural ride on my triumph successfully. Slipped in the driveway after parking and dropped it on my leg. Son of a gun! Glad it didn't happen in the street but bent my mirror and kickstand. Already straightened them out haha.

19. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

^ Geez... keep the darn thing upright will ya? Glad all is well! :gr_grin:
    Here is one of my ole Stage 3 toys I am working on..
    [​IMG]

20. Adam Roby

Adam Roby Full Access Member

I am glad to see people taking the safety courses seriously. I miss my old Nighthawk 750... was a really reliable motorcycle. I was a member of the nighthawk forums there and they took safety very seriously, most advocating spring time parking lot time to re-familiarize yourself with your bike after the winter break. Good bunch of guys... forum went down and I did't bother returning after they got it back up and all my posts had been deleted.

Miss the ole girl.

[​IMG]