Mother's Back-to-Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been as pleased by a product's results as I am with this product. The pictures speak for themselves.

Half done, half not done
You must be registered for see images attach

Door Handle Before

Door Handle After

Antenna Before

Antenna After

I'm going to do it again tomorrow too and see if it makes it look any better.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a great product, for the price...it doesn't last as long in the wet as say...Meguire's Ultimate Protectant, but that's $8...for $4 this is a good product!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Any auto parts place, most likely. At least, that's the case by me.

The initial results are great, but it fades.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`ll have to check tried peanut butter but it isn`t taking the wax off >.< So wonder if WD40 would work ? lol

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call budke...:happy175:

If you have some Quick Detailer, that would work with some rubbing.

Don`t got any I was thinking the other day how much of a pain it would be to take them off and give them some paint .. lol But i am afraid i would screw that up . I am really not cut out for the outside detailing ... Which is the reason i got wax on the plastic crap in the first place .

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don`t got any I was thinking the other day how much of a pain it would be to take them off and give them some paint .. lol But i am afraid i would screw that up . I am really not cut out for the outside detailing ... Which is the reason i got wax on the plastic crap in the first place .

I use a wax that doesn't screw up the trim! :D

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I wonder if using the Mr. Clean magic erasor before the back to black will actually have any effect.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the painting thing, you could always do like I did for my tow hook: tape off the surrounding area and rattle can paint it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mothers back to black does work good but seems to fade away after a while. Probably depends on how much sun it gets. I also use it on the tires sometimes. It makes them nice and black without that "ghetto shine".

Dave

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the painting thing, you could always do like I did for my tow hook: tape off the surrounding area and rattle can paint it.

Thought about that but .. I am not confident i could do a good job lol Rattle canning a car That is rusty and makes no difference if i mess up is one thing ... But my beautiful Libby is another. But i am thinking that Krylon fusion stuff for plastic . Someone here did use it i think .

C.W.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used back to black on my Saab and it made it look new again. Too bad it doesn't last, though.

staggerlee41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used this stuff on my 02 KJ for years. I love how it looks when it is first applied, but it does seem to wear off rather quickly.

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried several products on that black strip on top of the rear bumper. Most lasted for only a few weeks. I considered trying truck bed coating on it but ran across a product called Forever Black bumper & trim. I applied it to the strip and rear hatch door handle several months ago. I failed to mark the calendar but I know it has lasted many times longer than anything else. It began to turn light gray in the creases last week so I reapplied.

One tip is the applicator. I pour the dye into a plastic container and use a cheap disposable foam paint applicator.

I'd REALLY like to coat ALL the plastic with truck beg coating of some kind but am sorta afraid I'll mess it up. I may try a small area to see how it comes out.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried A LOT of back to black products... Mothers, Finish Line... the BEST was Turtle Wax BLACK CHROME. It is incredible. Been using it on my 89 Mustang GT Convertible 23 years. All the plastic (on a convertible there is A LOT of plastic) still looks new to this day. I must say it wasn't always easy to find. I notice they changes the bottle, I hope it is the same stuff. I have a stash I bought on sale a few years back but next season I am going to need more.

Last edited: