Most Backspacing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep0517

Reaction score
Hey i have a 2.5inch spacer lift. I am going to get 245/75/16 Wrangler Mt/R's. What is the max backspacing i can have with no rubbing?

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
It's kinda hard to say.... I mean most guys run those tires on the stock wheels and don't have that much rubbing, besides foglight doors... however I am running a 4.0 backspace with firestone tires and it rubs pretty good. After I did all the cutting they don't rub much anymore... but I like how they stick out; which looks cool. Staying close the stock wheels in backspace 5.5 is your best bet for no rubbing.

Bennett

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock is 5.5 and it works well with minimual rubbing. Rubicon rims are 5.0 backspacing and they actually seem to work best. Take rubbing off the sway bar and inside of the wheel well a bit but they don't stick out too far that they start rubing other places. I would probably recommend 5.0" of backspacing.