Mopar Tow Hooks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport and I bought a pair of Mopar Front tow hooks over the weekend- They came with all the hardware I need.

I can see WHERE they need to go, HOWEVER, i cannot for the life of me get the "M" Bolt in where it needs to go! I have tried what seems like all angles with no luck, its like there's metal on all 4 sides.

I thought I read somewhere that I need to pull off my front bumper, not sure where I read it.

Do I HAVE to remove my bumper? Is there ANY WAY around this?
I am not very mechanically inclined, but i like to try provided I have instructions on what I am doing.. I learned how to change my oil from a youtube video ;)

Any help on this? I laid under my jeep for close to an hour just staring+ trying to fit that damn M bolt up in there but with no luck.

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport and I bought a pair of Mopar Front tow hooks over the weekend- They came with all the hardware I need.

I can see WHERE they need to go, HOWEVER, i cannot for the life of me get the "M" Bolt in where it needs to go! I have tried what seems like all angles with no luck, its like there's metal on all 4 sides.

I thought I read somewhere that I need to pull off my front bumper, not sure where I read it.

Do I HAVE to remove my bumper? Is there ANY WAY around this?
I am not very mechanically inclined, but i like to try provided I have instructions on what I am doing.. I learned how to change my oil from a youtube video ;)

Any help on this? I laid under my jeep for close to an hour just staring+ trying to fit that damn M bolt up in there but with no luck.

I think the front bumper cover does have to come off..
I know I had too when I did my receiver hitch tow hooks.
It really isn't all that bad to take off, and just think of it as a learning experience!
Edit: Here is a write up for an 06 tow hook install!
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42789&highlight=hooks

Last edited:

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Need to take off the bumper

I just installed tow hooks on my 07 it's the same thing as your 06. Very easy. No need to remove anything.

Simply take the small end of the "M" bolt and put it in the front hole (towards the grill) and just work the "m" bolt in the hole towards the rear hole and before you know it you'll see the small end at the rear hole.

I bolted the regular bolt up first so that it held the hook in place. Then carefully thread your rear nut on first while you hold the front (long) side of the "m" bolt. 5 minutes per side is all it takes.

It's up to you if you want to cut out the bumper near the hooks, though I highly suggest it to give you clearance room for straps or whatever. I used a simple razor knife and took my time.

good luck.

Latest posts

Members online