Mopar lower rad hose - does it include clamps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got a leak where my lower rad hose connects to the tstat housing. I've tightened it a few times and it stops leaking until the temp drops again (even using constant tension screw clamps - not the standard worm drive ones). So I think I might just put a new housing on it with a new Mopar hose. I know Land Rover includes the OEM hose clamps preattached to the hoses...does Mopar do that? Anyone have the PN for the clamps if not?

Thanks!

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I'm seeing, the hose is discontinued and the clamps not available. Might be able to find them somewhere though.

As for clamps, I use the worm gear clamps from Home Depot. They're stainless and I've used them for numerous projects for several years,haven't had any issue with them.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a leak where my lower rad hose connects to the tstat housing. I've tightened it a few times and it stops leaking until the temp drops again (even using constant tension screw clamps - not the standard worm drive ones). So I think I might just put a new housing on it with a new Mopar hose. I know Land Rover includes the OEM hose clamps preattached to the hoses...does Mopar do that? Anyone have the PN for the clamps if not?

Thanks!

Had to re read to see if this was my thread or not.

Welcome to my world.... this all started when I replaced all hoses , rad and t stat housing at the same time.

Currently on my 2nd house and 3rd set of clamps with rtv...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a Mopar set of hoses (haven't put them on yet...) and they did not include the clamps. I bought some clamps, too, but this was about three years ago so they may indeed be discontinued.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I bought those clamps from your post and used them with a Gates hose and they weeped. Hence the constant tension ones I got now

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right stuff by permatex is the bees knees. Like hot sauce - use that shit on everything

Still don’t know how the oem clamp held a seal when these screw clamps are so tight it starts to cut into the hose

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The quality Mopar hoses are the best fit/ way to go!
HJ is the Gates hose bulging out a bit ?
I re-use my factory clamps, with the correct tool.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I install new housing, thermostat ( both MOPAR ) and best NAPA hoses and clamps on all I do and never any leaks ( done 6 or 7 so far ) plus two of mine

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular worm clamps
Have bought the stock ones and have had issues with them on one I did , worm clamps install, tighten and never look back on any of them

You need to spend a month with my jeeps. In over 20 years of wrenching and modifying - the simplest issues with the jeep are the toughest to fix. Things you expect to just work as intended - do not.

I replaced the radiator and hoses with mopar brand and work clamps. Did the thermostat and housing too.
Top hose leaked on both ends. So did bottom. Replaced clamps rinse repeat. Replaced hoses. Used right stuff rtv and new clamps. Sometimes it a week before it leaks out overnight. Sometimes every day. Only when parked though.
I turned them to they almost stripped out at one point just to see how much it can take before breaking and it still leaked.

So yeah...

Looking at trying another style clamp via summit racining. About $6 a piece

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I've said, I've never had an issue with worm gear ones from Home Depot.

These plus other sizes.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-2-3-4-in-Stainless-Steel-Clamp-6736595/202309380

Up to anyone personally if they choose to try them.

I used these on my daughter's Subaru when I did the tstat, housing and hoses last year. They worked and are working great for that one. I needed them in a pinch since the OE ones fell apart as I removed them. Subaru had some weird hose clamps back in 2001.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you had to retighten those worm gear ones as the temp drops? I used them once on the KJ and had to a bit, but maybe I didn’t tighten them enough to start.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't had to re-tighten the ones I used and I've never seen a leak.

An old plumber once told me that too tight is usually just as bad as to loose.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hm. Well that’s good news. I’m taking it into the shop tomorrow so I’ll see what happens. I don’t care what kind of clamp we use I just don’t like checking it every day lol!