MOPAR Light Bar is fitted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and here it it

light+bar+009.jpg

from the front

light+bar+010.jpg

i was too chicken to do the drilling myself so i got a body shop to do it 8-[

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I like how you mounted the lights on the bumper too.

Now add some clear front marker lenses so all of the lights match, like I did...

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking simply great.. If I had any use of them, and if they were legal in NYS to drive around without the caps on, I wouldn't hesitate one minute..

=; **Noticed you got a side turn signal, where did you get it done, and how much did it cost? Or are they standard down under? I believe the stock turn signals on KJ are not much visible due to wide fenders.

Mike,
When changing signal lenses, do you have to remove the whole thing or just screw off, screw on?

Thanks.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i didnt know u had to have the caps on the light bar in NYS

always see rennie's W/O the caps (unless they had it on, but got stolen. LoL )

Looks good btw G

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin,

The lens comes off by removing a single torx screw. Remove the bulbs from the sockets and it is free. Takes less than 5 minutes.

JoN, I've been driving around Pennsylvania for 3 years without the caps on my roof lights. Never a problem.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:

=; **Noticed you got a side turn signal, where did you get it done, and how much did it cost? Or are they standard down under? I believe the stock turn signals on KJ are not much visible due to wide fenders.

Mate

they are standard on All Motor Vehicals delivered to australia, so I cannot help you there with cost of install and stuff

Fouros

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
fouros, that's just simply genious!

That makes a big difference, especially on tight roads with not much to room while changing lanes.. I am %100 sure jeep is letting dealers do that or right before they are shipped they are fitted with it at the plant.

Does anyone think we can get that done around here in the states.
fouros if you don't mind could take a few close shots, I want to see how the secured it. If you cannot, that's fine. Thank You.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mate

from looking at US kj's the side indicators are installed where your antenna is on one side ( export kj's have an inglass antenna) and where the trail rated emblem is on the other side,

you will have to drill holes in your fenders to mount them,

and they only work when your indicating not constantly like a side marker on a truck

the indicators are factory fitted items ,
i hope that helps

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
priell3 said:
hyedipin,

The lens comes off by removing a single torx screw. Remove the bulbs from the sockets and it is free. Takes less than 5 minutes.

JoN, I've been driving around Pennsylvania for 3 years without the caps on my roof lights. Never a problem.

yeah, i've noticed rennies in the tri-state area and PA w/o caps on...
was just curious at what hyde pin said at NYS law that you need lens caps on....and is illegal to have them off

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I cannot back up my statement, but I am %100 sure that I read this somewhere. Only if DMV website was easier to search when it comes to rules and regulations.. Will have to dig for that piece of info, but will get it for you if I can.. :-k

Thanks for the signal information, fourus and priell. Since I am not drilling or getting anything sharp near my liberty that project is off, unless a dealer can do it for me.

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only law regarding the roof lights was that you can't have them ON while on public roads. I've had my lights un-capped since the day I bought my Jeep...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to search the law.. There are descrepencies, though.
The law concerns "off road lights" vs. "overhead lights" no matter you light it or not.. They won't pull you over for it, but some ticket-mania may hit you while it is parked.

I drove around with clear-lens-covered rearplate for half a year, until the day I parked my car at the end of the street where no other car could park behind me, a cop spotted and slapped me with a ticket..

OutbackSurvivor

Reaction score
I have my 05Renny fitted with mopar lightbar as well just last month. And I was also chicken to do the drilling myself, hahaha.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are stock renegade rims.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know in WI you have to have caps on anysort of off road lights while driving around. but there maybe a exception to it if they came from the factory that way. I'd love to have a rennie light bar but like you fouros i dont like the idea of drilling into my roof.