Mixing Hoats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Mopar hoat now, refreshed recently. My water pump is seeping a bit so I'll be replacing that very soon. Question is how well does the zerex go-5 mix if I decide to telling with it? Is a flush suggested if I'm switching coolant brand? Thanks

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Mopar and zerex g-05 are chemically the same, just different color.
You will be just fine, even better with a new pump to boot.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as I said earlier, my water pump was seeping, so I ordered a reman from Napa. Then of course it dried up and has remained dry until this morning there was a little puddle beneath the Jeep and a bit on top of the water pump behind the pulley. Is this an expansion / contraction thing or should I be looking elsewhere for a leak?
Thanks

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured, just thought I'd ask the collective mind Incase I was missing something.
Thank you one and all!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Napa WP reman should be okay. I ran one for 80k before it started leaking again. Got 80k from it versus 108k from the Mopar one. Not a huge difference. Could've been reversed.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my water pump last week because of the same reason. Coolant coming out of the weep hole. I used Zerex G-05 and the only thing negative I can say about it is that I can't see the level in my coolant tank! I mixed it properly and also checked it with a hydrometer. It is good for -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Why did they put the weep hole on the top of the pump shaft housing?

Latest posts

Members online