Minor Paint Scratch Repair Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a small scratch on the door edge, it is very minor, but noticable when closed and open. I think the color of my Jeep is midnight blue. I can still see the lighter blue color underneath where the scratch is, so I'm guessing it didn't get to the metal?

Can I use something like this: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product-information.asp?number=04889866AB

to fix it?

Help appreciated, thanks :D

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked the door panel label and it says PB7, guess that is not Midnight Blue, but Patriot Blue Pearl.

Some pictures of the scrach along the door edge. The flash makes the scratch more white than it really is, but the location and description should be enough to give you a good idea of it.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Should I just be able to apply to touchup stuff without having to use any other materials or tools?

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Probably need to apply the touch up paint with a tooth pick, then wet sand it down....that should look nice when done!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No prob...I've never done this before.

I'm sure 67Customs knows more, he'll see this. :)

goodman

Reaction score
been there done that! check pep boys/autozone to see if they have the small little bottles for your color. if no, just buy it online here: http://www.touchuppaintonline.com/Jeep i got mine there for $15 or so a year ago and it did the job for me. you can also try the dealership, but that could be pricey.

when you apply it, you have to apply very little and spread it out into really thin coats. if it doesn't do the trick the first time around, just go back and apply more coats until it's all covered.