Michelin Latitude X-Ice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although the Michelin Cross-Terrains are far better than the stock Goodyears on ice, I wanted better for winter conditions here in Calgary and for mountain driving especially. So I got 4 Latitude X-Ice at Costco with ugly black steel rims, not wanting to fork out for nicer wheels.

The Latitudes are fantastic. We had a good wet snow last night and this morning the roads were sheet ice, I could hardly make them slip, they brake super and although I used to be able to easily pull 180s with a crank of the wheel and hit the gas, but I really had to give 'er in a parking lot to get one this morning. No drift on hard corners, I'm impressed. Still need to get some deep snow to see how they do in that but for why I got them they're great.

The steel rims may have to go sometime later. I got some not bad mag-looking wheel covers that were creaking like crazy until I figured out it was the wheel weights flexing with the tire, then flexing the wheel covers. I slapped some lithium grease on the wheel weights, put the covers back on, and problem solved for now.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Marty, black steel wheels you say?

what size, what brand, backspacing, etc?
BTW, if you want someone to have the black steelies, that's all me dude;)

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're plain black 16x7, I see no difference in backspacing from stock, but I don't have the measurement. I don't know the brand - they're from Costco .

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steel Rims + Wheel Covers

Here are the plain black rims I put the Latitude X-Ice on, and then pics with the wheel covers. They're not toooo bad...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images