Mechanic "K.I.S.S. Keep It Stock Stupid"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvt8474

Reaction score
I called the guy I trust with my oil changes, alignments, and all that stuff and asked about the clevis lift. There's no way I can afford a true 2" lift right. I told him exactly what I was talking about, and he told me to just throw some larger tires on it and leave it alone. He told me that the toe, and camber will be off and doing the alignment would be difficult afterwords seeing the machien looks for stock specs. He also thought that the part for the steering linkage would be moved farther forward and cause sloppier steering. Can anyone give me some info on this.....is he right or wrong, and what have you guys found?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL... It is a harder task for shops that do not have major experience with aligning lifted vehicles. Sounds like he just doesn't want to put you way out of specs and relies only on the machine.

OH, what area of Michigan are you from? You can get a good alignment from a couple shops here in South East Michigan (Metro Detroit Area). I went to Fraser Automotive one time and also Discount Tire right by Mumbly's off-road (they have people working there that have lifted vehicles).

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but I threw on a Rusty's 3/4" spacer (giving me 1.5"-1.75" of lift) and I never got an alignment. That was about 23k miles ago.

I swapped out my tires and have approximately 18k on them. No uneven wear.

I don't recommend skipping the alignment, but I have seen no ill effects yet.