Maybe this is a weird idea... bedliner on interior pieces?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the rear cargo area... and how I was planning on laying some bedliner on top of the rear bumper, then I thought, maybe i should put some on the plastic that lays over the carpet to try to keep it from getting scratched up and looking ugly... then, why not apply it to all the cargo area panels including the tailgate. Anybody attempt this, or foresee any problems with this idea?

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it would be pretty cool and practicle IF you got the kind that isn't too rough. I know there are a couple companies that have a smoother version that looks great but still protects well.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it would be pretty cool and practicle IF you got the kind that isn't too rough. I know there are a couple companies that have a smoother version that looks great but still protects well.

That's what I'd like to run on the lower half out the exterior. I don't want to have the extremely rough stuff.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Same here, on my fender flares and possibly bumpers. But not until after I.... or for that matter, someone else scratches them up. It's bound to happen one of these days. It's happened to my other Jeeps, so it's probably gonna happen to this one too. Seems like a good idea for the rear cargo area. Can't hurt, can it?

Scratched up my '04, '06, and my sister scratched up her '05. Where does this happen you say? Backing up out of the driveway and accidentally sideswiping the gate!

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be kinda cool to tear up the carpet and apply the whole floor with that. Maybe a project for next spring;)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be kinda cool to tear up the carpet and apply the whole floor with that. Maybe a project for next spring;)

Someone on LOST did it...the only problem is a few wiring harnesses are hidden in channels covered by the carpet.

Latest posts

Members online