Maximum Tire Size with Rusty's 2.5" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

As winter starts and the days go on, we get closer to spring time. So to prepare I am ready to do some saving/shopping. I'm looking to get the Rusyt 2.5" lift, but I want to know what tire size I can go without doing major reconstruction on the KJ.

Thanks!

kjliberator

Reaction score
Hey Blckkj

I have the coil over lift from Skyjacker and I am very happy with it. I would agree with Kj lad that most people are running 245/75/16s without any trimming. However, I run 265/75/16s, but I had to do some decent trimming on the front bumper. It still looks very nice and is hardly noticeable unless you get right down and look under the wheel well. Up to you, but I think my KJ looks pretty mean with 32" tires rather than 245s! Good luck!

KJLIBERATOR

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we should try and get another Rusty's lift group buy going like the one on the LOST board back in November (I think it was then...)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
With 245/75R16 M/T tires and a 16x7- 4.0 backspace wheel, here's the extent of the cutting I had to do. The pinch weld also had to go.

I currently have Rusty's 2.5" full suspension kit and I also did the clevis lift in the front as well.

You must be registered for see images

Since taking that picture, I actually had to do a little bit more cutting.

Bennett

xraymankb

Reaction score
Need some help, thinking about trading my Revo's(245/75/16) for the Dueler M/T's. looks like there is enough clearance don't think I will have to trim. Mine is a 04 sport lifted with Rusty.

Like the look of your lib Bennet