Maximum Lift kit with IFS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the tallest lift kit you can put on the IFS before needing to do a SFA?

6 inches and it needs some stuff beyond the 4 inch to work right.

for the money, 4 is the way to go.

You will be running 265 75 16s at that point.

Some have done 33's on the 6 inch but had deep pockets.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything above 4 and you will probably kiss your CV's goodbye. Would at the least need to shave the CV's if pushing it to far above that. I believe you would need to do a cradle drop for 6".. You are looking at some real cash if you want it done right..

Don't be fooled, Some have done it but not the right away and like to brag how they did it affordably. Either they just got lucky and their crap is about to break but hasn't yet or they don’t' want to admit their stupidity broke stuff.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the tallest lift kit you can put on the IFS before needing to do a SFA?

the most lift you can put on the kj before having to do more than springs, shocks, and uca's is about 4" and here is how it will be accomplished:

front:
2-2.5" gained from springs/shocks
1/2" gained using a 1/4" top plate (or if you have the ability to DIY you can gain 3/4" by using a 3/8" top plate)
1/4" to 1.25" by doing a clevis lift

going over the 2" of lift mark will usually require the JBA UCA's...i have them and they are well worth the investment.

the most you lift you can achieve with these methods would be 4.25"-4.5" but you may run into issues:

in order to avoid damage to the stock CV joints you have to keep the distance from the center of the hub to the top lip of the fender flare below 23.75" IIRC (someone chime in if i am wrong on that number)...if you choose to go over that 23.75" number you will need to either ave a set of CV joints cut down (plenty of guys who can do it around here but it won't be cheap)...or you will have to buy the rcv ones through jba and IIRC they are around 1100 or 1200 for the pair...so my advice is to stay under 23.75" hub to flare unless you have relatively deep pockets.

for the rear:
2-2.5" springs/shocks
3/4 to 1.5" adding extra spring isolators

total lift max: 4"

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on the JBA cut CV axles, which are $165 each. The J.E. Reel ones are $400 each. I was actually surprised to see how much droop (a lot) was left with the stock axles. They would have been fine on the road, but you'd likely be asking for trouble when twisting it out on a trail.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been lifted 4 inches with moderate offroading(no MOAB or anything like that though) for over a year now and so far so good with mine lol

Of course now that I said that I can probably guess what's going to happen on my way home tonight lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've ran over 180,000 miles with stock and Remanned NAPA CVs and no issue
But then mines not lifted much :pshyco:
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online