Max tire I can fit on my 2012 Arctic Edition without any modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LiquidSwodz

Reaction score
Hey everyone new to the thread and trying to find definite answers after googling this all day. My stock tires are 235/70/16's and I was thinking of going taller to 75's. I've seen some people say they run 245/75/16's with no issues and other have had rubbing. I feel the stock tires look a little small and I would like to go with more of an aggressive look this time. Any thoughts on this?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245/75/16 will not fit unless you have a lift, or unless you plan on doing some serious metal and plastic trimming to make them work, but 245/70/16 are really the biggest you can go without a lift.

UKKJLEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with my experience id do a lot of research....Mud Terrains tend to be oversized anyway compared with All terrains go to a Tyre supplier who has both and look at the sizeing...just for example a 245 70 16 Mud ( Can ) be the same size as a 245 75 16 all Terrain why ! I dont no made loads of mistakes with tyres also remember that some Muds will also had a lot of drag and be very noisy and your MPG will be affected ..
so all depends on what you want out of the Tyre ...looks / mpg / off road ability etc

I have some 245 75 16 maxxis bighorns very noisy and MPG about 17 with a carefull foot on the gas
changed to 245 70 16 Cooper AT3s and MPG went to 22 and its as quiet as a bird and runs so smooth BUT again i made the mistake should have stayed with the same size 245 75 16 as the AT3s are miles smaller ....i run a stock KJ Muds did rub a little i did a little triming under the arch and the only rub was on lock
I used some Kumho Muds few years back and for a MUD tyre they ran very sooth and MPG was not affected much

ask ask think think dont rush into it ..lol hope that helps

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I remember a while back someone mentioning that on KKs you can fit larger tires stock than on KJs?

LiquidSwodz

Reaction score
I was actually looking at the Cooper Discovery AT3 but going taller at 235/75/16. Would this be a problem? I definitely do not want to go narrower.

LiquidSwodz

Reaction score
**UPDATE** After reading various posts and doing more research, I ended up getting 245.70/16's. I was unaware that they are a hair taller besides being wider and they fit without any rub at all. Will be posting soon and thanks for the help!

DDC353

Reaction score
**UPDATE** After reading various posts and doing more research, I ended up getting 245.70/16's. I was unaware that they are a hair taller besides being wider and they fit without any rub at all. Will be posting soon and thanks for the help!
So those size tires fit a stock jeep KK ? I have a stock 2009 and want a bigger Tire, have 225/75 R16 and look like pizza cutters and lot of sliding in the snow. Was thinking of going with the same Tire just 245 75/ R16. With the 70's you have, do you still have room? Thank you.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So those size tires fit a stock jeep KK ? I have a stock 2009 and want a bigger Tire, have 225/75 R16 and look like pizza cutters and lot of sliding in the snow. Was thinking of going with the same Tire just 245 75/ R16. With the 70's you have, do you still have room? Thank you.

245-75-16s NO
245-70-16s yes

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with the 245-70-16 you may still experience some plastic rubbing. Experiences vary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online