Map sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crdfan

Reaction score
Hi. Please help. I'm either blind (least likely) or really stupid (most likely) cause I cannot find the map sensor. I have a 2006 JGC CRD. I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. I don't have any problems with her, but I've read here that it would be really good if I cleaned it up. Thanks in advance

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Top of intake manifold, on drivers side, toward the back...

The blue thing.
Mine is unplugged.

Attachments

• IMG_20170101_181640_495.jpg
    IMG_20170101_181640_495.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

crdfan

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll have a look AGAIN tonight. Does it sit in the same position for all CRD's? Mine is a 3.0 RHD. Apologies if I'm annoying anybody, but I've been looking for this damn thing and couldn't find it. So, go ahead and call me stupid.

crdfan

Reaction score
So where exactly on this pic
You must be registered for see images attach

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
OK, that's very different than my 2.8 CRD. I had it in my head that the 3.0 was just a bigger 2.8 like the 2.8 is a bigger version of the 2.5 CRD. Should have done more homework.

Your MAP sensor should be somewhere on the intake manifold after the turbo and intercooler. Look at anything that has wires going to it.

oops

crdfan

Reaction score
Thanks. That gives me better idea. I'll have a look tomorrow when the sun is up. Don't feel like scratching around in the dark now. Will keep you posted. Thanks again for the reply

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Found this which looks like your engine. No MAP sensor shown but maybe it'll help eliminate possibilities.

Attachments

• downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 8

crdfan

Reaction score
Still haven't found it. Im told it's very difficult to get to on this vehicle. A couple of things has to get out of the and come off to access it. This is the OM642 MB engine. The same engine in the sprinter vans. Anyway, im gonna strip this weekend and take pics for posting. Sure there's some people that could benefit from it. Cheers