Manifolds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone reference a good brand of manifolds for the 3.7l? I want to replace them both at some point. Just trying to figure out what I'll need
(2002 model 3.7l)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you talking exhaust manifolds? I'd probably go with the Dorman from Rock Auto. I think it's sort of tough to F' them up as long as the surfaces are clean and true. I've had good luck with other Dorman stuff. I thought I was going to have to replace mine when I did the HGs a few years back but once I got them off they were really solid as were the heatshields. I think the shields come with the Dormans. I did replace all of the bolts. Ordered them straight from Moparonlineparts.

Just my opinion IF I had to replace mine. I'm sure others will have other suggestions.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you talking exhaust manifolds? I'd probably go with the Dorman from Rock Auto. I think it's sort of tough to F' them up as long as the surfaces are clean and true. I've had good luck with other Dorman stuff. I thought I was going to have to replace mine when I did the HGs a few years back but once I got them off they were really solid as were the heatshields. I think the shields come with the Dormans. I did replace all of the bolts. Ordered them straight from Moparonlineparts.

Just my opinion IF I had to replace mine. I'm sure others will have other suggestions.

How many studs and bolts are there? i need to order some just in case

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your looking for HP gain then the after market Exhaust manifolds headers for the 3.7 aren't going to gain you much of anything. Some that have tried the aftermarket headers say that it actually hurt performance. Unless you pull the heads and port and polish them. Your not going to see any improvement. The 3.7 is pretty much maxed out from factory. But here they are.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your looking for HP gain then the after market Exhaust manifolds headers for the 3.7 aren't going to gain you much of anything. Some that have tried the aftermarket headers say that it actually hurt performance. Unless you pull the heads and port and polish them. Your not going to see any improvement. The 3.7 is pretty much maxed out from factory. But here they are.
You must be registered for see images

Not looking to gain performance jsut want to replace them. I have a new engine and the manifolds are pretty old

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing a drill with a wire brush can't fix. If there not cracked just sand and paint

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing a drill with a wire brush can't fix. If there not cracked just sand and paint

If I'm taking them off ill replace them, ha not gonna waste my time honestly. One of the manifolds has a leak and I dont feel like welding cast iron.

Can anyone link me to a set of studs and bolts? I dont know how many studs there are and i found a bolt kit but im not sure if thats what i need

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I said if not cracked.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many studs and bolts are there? i need to order some just in case

I'm not positive since it was about three years ago but I believe there are 8 bolts for each. Probably right since the gaskets have eight holes. Four (maybe 5??) of the 8 actually are sort of like studs that have an additional stem to take a nut to attach the heatshield.

6504340 Bolt

6504331 Stud

6505316AA Nut for heat shield stud (probably not necessary-could improvise)

https://moparonlineparts.com/mop-parts/#parts

Couldn't get a direct link to the moparonlineparts page but easy to navigate. Looks like Amazon might work too!!!

Last edited:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not positive since it was about three years ago but I believe there are 8 bolts for each. Probably right since the gaskets have eight holes. Four (maybe 5??) of the 8 actually are sort of like studs that have an additional stem to take a nut to attach the heatshield.

6504340 Bolt

6504331 Stud

6505316AA Nut for heat shield stud (probably not necessary-could improvise)

https://moparonlineparts.com/mop-parts/#parts

Couldn't get a direct link to the moparonlineparts page but easy to navigate. Looks like Amazon might work too!!!

Are those cross referenced for the 4.7L?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my best bet is to have a shop smoke the system and see where the leak is instead of spending heaps of money on stuff I don't need

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I put the new engine in my KJ I put new exhaust manifolds on(along new intake,crank pulley and much more) from the dealership.The manifold cost less then the damn bolts did.

I got both manifolds for $43 each,MOPAR ones.I did paint then black with ultra high temp paint for better flow(hotter the manifolds stay without bleeding off the better the flow).

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I put the new engine in my KJ I put new exhaust manifolds on(along new intake,crank pulley and much more) from the dealership.The manifold cost less then the damn bolts did.

I got both manifolds for $43 each,MOPAR ones.I did paint then black with ultra high temp paint for better flow(hotter the manifolds stay without bleeding off the better the flow).

Everything in my engine bay is new other than the manifolds and cats. It runs and sounds great but I have the slightest leak and I'm OCD. it's coming from passenger side. The leak is so small it sounds like a tick. I can see the soot on the manifold. Other side is okay.

Latest posts

Members online