Magnaflow Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a magnaflow imported to Aus and was wondering if any of you who have one installed can let me know

Did it increase your fuel economy

did it tuck up higher than the stock muffler ( less off road hits )

does your V6 sound sweet now ?

thanks if you can help

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes fuel economy did increase, you wont believe how heavy the stock exhaust is.

Umm not sure for ground clearence, may be the same but i dont off road to often.

As for sound, its sooooooooooo sweet. Its sounds so good you will probably jump on the gas pedal, and ruin any mpg gains you get from it.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1699064538 - video taken from my digital camera.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Yea it does sound sweet!!

I had it on my Liberty with a high flow cat and it was nice and loud!

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage did go up a little, and mostly on the highway.
It is smaller than the oem muffler.
I like the growl. It's not your mom's Liberty.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it increase your fuel economy???

Maybe 1 or 2 MPH on the highway

did it tuck up higher than the stock muffler

It is smaller than stock, so I would assume so...lighter too as the OEM was really freakin' heavy.

does your V6 sound sweet now ?

I was at a stop light next to some kids in a pimped up mitsubishi that sounded like a mosquito on some steriods. They keep hitting the gas making thier mosquito sound 'tuff' ](*,) So I hit the gas a couple of times and they all just stared at me. I smiled and rolled down my window and said when they get stuck this winter give me a call and I'll tow them out!

It's diffenately a bad, bad grocery sounding machine!!! \:D/

frikki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at a stop light next to some kids in a pimped up mitsubishi that sounded like a mosquito on some steriods. They keep hitting the gas making thier mosquito sound 'tuff' ](*,) So I hit the gas a couple of times and they all just stared at me. I smiled and rolled down my window and said when they get stuck this winter give me a call and I'll tow them out!

Sweeeeet!!
I can't wait 'til I get mine.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much does the magnaflow usually cost and can it take a hit or two offroad? how much for installation? and whats a good free flowing cat to get and how much for that? any recommendations on headers?thanks.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for your replys guys now

can i be a bit more of a pain and see if i can get you to post some pictures of finished install from the Passenger side ( my drivers side ) and your KJs Rear end

thanks

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images