MAG Light mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has mounted mag-lights in their KJ's and where are they mounted? Anyone have any pictures?

I just bought clips for the "D" size maglight and was thinking about putting it on the floor beside the front passenger seat. I have always carried a golf umbrella by the drivers seat in my XJ and thought these clips may work for the same in the KJ so I would have a golf umbrella on the drivers side and a "D" mag-light on the passenger side. I also found some clips for the "AA" size mag-light. I was going to mount those in the rear cargo area somewhere.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Mine is on the bottom of the drivers seat. This is a SUPER easy mod (providing you have a good drill of course). This has also come in handy several times.

You must be registered for see images

uvalax236

Reaction score
Look on my cardomain site (in sig) and you can see where I mounted my mag light. I put it on the glove box cover so that it does not interfeer with the air bags. It is a perfect place to mout up to and also dobules as an "Oh Sh*t" handle. I am going to put some more rubber pads on the inside of the lid to the glove box because it is producing alot more rattle now.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
same place where tim has it...and yes it comes in very handy..i have my fire extinguisher opposite of that...

kjk

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but where did you get the mounting clips?

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heads up, the brackets are on Clearance (!?) at Home Depot, I think I got mine for $3 and change

kjk

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check Lowes on the way home. HD this weekend otherwise.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chaz0_man0 said:
Hmm... Good deal... I already have 2 installed. One on each seat... Now where else could I mout a mag? :-k

Think outside of the box.... nightstand, kitchen, garage maybe? ;)

-Blu

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've tried a couple of local home depot's that dont have these clips, or at least they can't find them in the store...HD does have an excellent looking silver version of the 3-battery maglite, looks much better than my trusty old black version!

2003KJ

Reaction score
kjk said:
Thanks, I'll check Lowes on the way home. HD this weekend otherwise.

I believe HD is the only major hardware store that carries them. I tried Lowes first as well and had a hard time even finding the damn mag LIGHT...LOL

CaKJFreedom

Reaction score
Brackets

My local Home Depot doesn't normally carry them, but they can order them. Try local hardware stores. Some of the smaller ones have cooler stuff. Fry's Electronics carry them also. Seemed kind of odd but they were the cheapest I'd seen them for. Good luck.

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the local Lowes AND Home Depot. No dice. I'll just order them from ebay or something. One location I noticed is the rear window. The pillar in the front part of the rear window is perfect. I think I'll put two black (4 cell I think) Mags. One on each window. I usually have to open the hatch to get to my emergency gear anyway. I'll shoot some photos once I get them installed...
Rescu2000

Members online

No members online now.