LS additive in synthetic gear oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Surprised I couldn't find this in a search but here goes. I've always used dino gear oil in all my vehicles, adding the LS additive as needed. I got a few quarts of Valvoline full synth for free and it claims to be ready to go in an LSD. Does it contain sufficient additive? I tend not to believe everything I read on a bottle.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a LSD with clutches(most do), then I would add the additive anyways. I have found in the past the concentration of the additive in the gear oil is not high enough, or lasts long enough.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too much additive will render the lsd useless. The fluid i have says it has it in it and its working great. Its not valvoline though.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Too much additive will render the lsd useless. The fluid i have says it has it in it and its working great. Its not valvoline though.

Okay, the plot thicken. I think I'll just save the synthetic stuff for my Ranger. I know that one doesn't care. It's not an LSD so when I take that one off road I really only go three wheelin'

Latest posts

Members online