Low profile grease fitting for front lower ball joint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grasshopperkj

Reaction score
I installed new lower ball joints, with a grease fitting. The only problem is I didn't realize I wasn't going to have enough room between the top of the ball joint and CV axle to put a grease fitting in, much less ever fit a grease gun on it. Driver side is already assembled w/o grease fitting installed...wasn't really paying much attention, was just happy to be getting it put back together again...and don't think there's enough room to get even a 90 degree fitting in the hole and get it installed. I am looking at button head grease fitting or flush style. The button head will take a slide on adapter for the grease gun and the flush can be greased with a needle tipped adapter. Anybody have any similar problems, what was your solution?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to install the MOOG "problem solver" greaseable LBJ's for a KJ,all the other greaseable ones on the market are for 2wd KJ's.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach