looking for a crd 21.8 thermostat with a stuck thermostst,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

MAKER OF CRD SERVICEABLE THERMOSTAT ASSEMBLIES
Reaction score
I sent you a private message on lostjeeps.com

Hello, Foxhunter:

I sent you a private message reply to your private message to me on LOSTJEEPS.com.

The Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001 engine thermostat assembly for the Jeep Liberty CRD is $465.00 USD, plus $30.00 USD for shipping.

Yes, that is a lot of money. But to create a single Model 001 I have to pay around $360.00 just to get the aluminum parts properly machined and anodized, and to purchase all of the other parts. This does not include my time deburring the housings, the hose barbs and the caps, assembling the Model 001 or packing to ship the Model 001. If you want a properly engineered thermostat assembly - a critical part for long-term reliability in all engines but especially a diesel - that will give you peace of mind in all driving conditions and in all types of weather, than the Model 001 is the only way to go.

I have sold over 150 Model 001 assemblies to customers all over North America, and now I have customers in Germany and in Australia. Every single one of my customers is 100% satisfied with their purchase, and several of them have come back to me to purchase another Model 001 for another Liberty CRD that they own.

The private message I sent you on LOSTJEEPS.com outlines the reasons why it is so expensive. I can not send a lot of photos like I can through e-mail, so if you want to see how the Model 001 looks, you will have to send me your e-mail address.

Best regards,

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
why do I have a feeling these get pitched when they go bad?

Most probably do get tossed. I'm keeping my old one to play with someday. Turbo-diesel-freak makes an excellent housing.

An alternative method you might like.

Attachments

• Instructions.jpg
    Instructions.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Bottom Ring.jpg
    Bottom Ring.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Top Ring.jpg
    Top Ring.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DIY Serviceable CRD Thermostat PG2.jpg
    DIY Serviceable CRD Thermostat PG2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DIY Serviceable CRD Thermostat PG1.jpg
    DIY Serviceable CRD Thermostat PG1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 10

BrokeCrd

Reaction score
I should have one eventually. Mine is stuck right now so when I get around to replacing it I'll have one.

Latest posts