longest lasting OEM battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lvmylibby

Reaction score
Wow. How long has your battery lasted? I just got 178K on original battery in my '04 bought in fall of '03. I believe that makes it 9 yrs 6 months. Now replaced with a John Deere battery which happened to be the place where the OEM died. Yup, I live in a farming community.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I thought my OEM battery did good at 5 1/2 years.

Dave

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines been running strong since 2006

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine changed at the dealership where I got my 2006 last summer. Was on stock battery before I ask for it to be changed.
2006 to 2012.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed mine for a AGM didn't want it to go out on me in some rule farm community and have to buy a tractor battery. LOL

lvmylibby

Reaction score
more pulling power

Changed mine for a AGM didn't want it to go out on me in some rule farm community and have to buy a tractor battery. LOL

I knew someone would shame me for my aftermarket ag battery. Hey, maybe my JD lawn tractor battery will die when I'm driving past a Jeep dealership. Then my tractor will have great crawling power.

Great responses. So far I'm winning. I'll let you in on a secret. Up here in Canada, closer to the north pole, we have to reverse the polarity on our batteries. Maybe that's why they last SO much longer. JK, do not try that!

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to correct you but I believe you said you replaced yours. I still have my OEM battery. What are you basing winning off of? :hmm:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced the OEM battery from Oct 2004 in my 2005 this past month.

Not bad at all...

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a insult just a little razzing I'm sure if I was at our farm and my Kj broke down I wouldn't think twice of doing the same thing and have done so too.

Members online