longer wiper upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i swear i saw this while searching online the other night, i accidently stumbled upon someone mentioning that they upgraded from the stock 19" blades, to these: Amazon.com: Anco 31 Series 3121 Wiper Blade, 21" (Pack of 1): Automotive

i thought it was on lostjeeps.com but i cant find it.

does anyone know what i am talking about
upgrading 19" to 21".
not doing this yet, but planning for winter.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done the bigger wiper on the rear (The 12inch). Specially since I could never find a 11inch blade in any store.

I never thought of putting bigger wipers on the front. The KJ windshield is like 1/2 the size of most windshields.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done the bigger wiper on the rear (The 12inch). Specially since I could never find a 11inch blade in any store.

I never thought of putting bigger wipers on the front. The KJ windshield is like 1/2 the size of most windshields.

Are you sure you want to do that? You might see too much.....haha

Seriously though, that might work good. If the blade was 2" longer, you would get an extra inch on each side of the arm. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Dave

ps....the 11" rear blade is about 12 bucks at the dealer. I couldn't find one anywhere else but the dealer.

Last edited:

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you want to do that? You might see too much.....haha

Seriously though, that might work good. If the blade was 2" longer, you would get an extra inch on each side of the arm. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Dave

ps....the 11" rear blade is about 12 bucks at the dealer. I couldn't find one anywhere else but the dealer.

I get the 12 inch rear for 5 dollars every where else. :p

I have bigger than factory spec wipers on my work van. It's a 2011 Ford E-250 and the factory size wipers are 20 inches. Considering thats only 1 inch bigger than the KJ wipers and the E-250 windshield is probably twice the size of the KJs. I had to get a bigger wipers. I felt like i was looking through a port hole when I had the 20's on.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I think I have a 12" on my rear, because it doesn't wipe the top of the glass in a perfectly round swipe. Looks like it loses contact with the very top of the pattern!

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to 21" wipers was the very first thing I did after buying our KJ.
As far as the rear wiper...
All classic Mini's use 11" wiper blades, so I have a good stash of those laying around!

Time to replace mine...will any 21's work?

Saw in another thread Ry that you recommend Tridon wipers - who sells 'em in BC?

Thanks!

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed 21" on the front and 12" on the rear... Just in time for the rain today. What a difference new wipers make. The longer wipers are even better. Easiest upgrade there is.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need to get on this and order them soon, the old blades work once they are well saturated, but in mist, it just smears...

they carry these at walmarts in case anyone is interested

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what was the number on the 12" you used?
FYI walmart has the 31-21 anco blades for 4.37 each or something like that

Latest posts

Members online