Long Live The Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A week from today: Chrysler will end production on the Liberty. I must say this makes me drive mine with pride now, and I'm happy to own such a good vehicle. It's sad that it has to be this way, but good things don't last forever.

RIP Liberty. One of my favorite and personal best cars of all time.

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SUV itself seems to be a dying breed. Crossover is the new buzz vehicle. To me they just look like confused frankensteins of a mini-van and a car...most have stupid 18" wheels, tiny rubber and would fall apart off road...don't know how the marketing geniuses come up with this shit.

The new ford escape, honda CR-V to name a few...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is because off-roaders are becoming a dying breed:disgust:

Places to legally off-road are few also. Too many idiots dumping trash everywhere and landowners are fencing places off and "posting" their property and I don't blame them.

Dave

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really ***** that they're killing the Liberty...just like it sucked when they killed the Cherokee Sport, even though that technically was the birth of the KJ. But I still see at least 3-5 old Cherokees on the road everyday, even though they haven't been produced in over a decade, I'm sure the Liberty will be the same way.

I read today that they are basically re-designing the Liberty, although it may not be called a liberty anymore. Moving to a pentastar engine, which sounds good...."to be built on the 2013 Dodge Dart platform" ....not so good.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A week from today: Chrysler will end production on the Liberty. I must say this makes me drive mine with pride now, and I'm happy to own such a good vehicle. It's sad that it has to be this way, but good things don't last forever.

They always kill the good vehicles....Dont know why they killed the cherokee, or the KJ for that matter. It seems to me like they always try to make improvements, and it always results in the de-evolution of the vehicle...RIP KJ/KK

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score

whoa, someone else actually has the same color as my jeep

:banana-mario:

JeepinLove

Reaction score
This makes me sad. :( I just got my first Liberty and was hoping they would continue it. I'm going to give it the best life I can.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This makes me sad. :( I just got my first Liberty and was hoping they would continue it. I'm going to give it the best life I can.

I wouldn't worry about it, Keep rocking your Liberty and keep em on the road, The less there are the more ours will stand out!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
They don't make '57 Chevy's or '65 Mustangs any more either. They seem to have held their popularity, though. :waytogo:

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't make '57 Chevy's or '65 Mustangs any more either. They seem to have held their popularity, though. :waytogo:

Not making 64 1/2 Mustangs any more either.

However, in April of 64, in Rantoul, IL, I ordered my first new car. A Vintage Burgundy, 289, 4V 210 HP on regular fuel, C4 Cruiseomatic, and other things that are now considered standard equipment .

I still own it but it is not being driven, My youngest son has it in his garage and plans to restore it. In its day it was a blast, and even more so with a Paxton Supercharger under the hood.

I have owned an original Cherokee (1974 SJ), several used SJs from 76 and 77, and now own an 03 Liberty LE. My 14 Cherokee Trail Hawk is on a ship coming from Seattle to Anchorage and is due here this week.

Nothing beyond the memories lasts forever, Remember the good times, but be prepared for what the future holds.

Just sayin'

Stephan

Reaction score
Wow, didnt know that. I got my first Jeep, a 2010 Jeep Liberty Limited one week ago, and I LOVE it. Hoping to get advice from other owners.

Attachments

• DSC00030.jpg
    DSC00030.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 18

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't understand the logic of crossovers, they are just tall cars with less capability and no more luggage space.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I pulled up yesterday in my well lifted Kj rig.... beside one of the new trailhawks at a stoplight...
***** having to look up at me doesn't it....
I think her expression was ... :Whoa:
I replied...:bleh:
50693[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

:)

Attachments

• JeepInTheForest.jpg
    JeepInTheForest.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 0

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
TC, I am beginning to get the feeling that you really like your Jeep. :icon_biggrin:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I do... and It's all because of your help (Thanks)!!!
:emotions33: (band2) wavey.gif drive.gif (band)
(Cheers)

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled up yesterday in my well lifted Kj rig.... beside one of the new trailhawks at a stoplight...
***** having to look up at me doesn't it....
I think her expression was ... :Whoa:
I replied...:bleh:
50698[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

:)

Ok now your making me want to go find a new Trail Hawk to pull up to just so I can gloat a little. I love getting that look from on lookers at a stop light. And yours does look good. :gr_grin:

Attachments

• JeepInTheForest.jpg
    JeepInTheForest.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Members online