Lightbar gremlin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night, I decided to turn on my lightbar for fun. When I had the key on the on position and pressed the switch, nothing happened. I could turn on the lights and the switch would light up, but nothing else. When I checked it this morning, it worked fine until the fourth time I turned it on. I turned it on and it switched itself off after a couple of seconds and was having the same problems as last night. It was working normal the past five months and I have done nothing to them. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First place I'd look is the fuse.. After that, check to see if there isn't a short either in the switch or in the wiring somewhere.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuse hasn't blown, but I'll check the connections and clean them. If that doesn't work, I'll be spending time doing my least favorite thing. Wiring.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuse is fine. I'm planning on getting a switch since my current one wont stay in place due to broken tabs. Hopefully that's the problem.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your switch might be broken more than you can see. The switch has a front and back part that snaps together. Mine broke apart after my daughter once borrowed the Jeep, and most likely whacked it with her knee. Although, she denied breaking the thing, go figure. I was able to JB Weld the switch back together, which beat the heck out of having to buy a new one for $32.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the switch changed out last week. Glad to know it was an was fix.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but a few years back the plastic tab inside my light bar switch broke and I had to superglue it back together. Once that was fixed it worked like a charm =P

Latest posts

Members online