Light problem after getting wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was launching jet skis from a trailer and the back of the jeep probably went a little too far into the water. The trailer light connection got wet but it has a rubber sheath around it. The water may have been high enough where a good portion of the bumper was in the water. When I was stopped, I noticed that my right blinker light would constantly stay on if brakes were pressed (brake lights on). I thought it would go away after everything dried but now it's a week later and it still does the same thing. Every time I hit the brakes my right blinker light (and signal in console) lights up solid for as long as I hold the brakes down.

What do I need to do about this?

Thanks!

BMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know how to solve the problem, but always remember to disconnect the trailer from your vehicle when launching boats, pwcs, etc...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
What BMR said is correct.

I would change that rear bulb and see if that fixes it.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unhook the 7pin connector from the jeep and see if it goes away. Im not talking about unhooking the trailer, actually unhook the 7pin connector.

If it doesnt do it then something is getting shorted in the connector.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those connectors are "weather proof" not "water proof",you got water in places not ment for water and now you got some shorting going on between wires/connectors.Unhook all the connectors and dry,WD40 works very well at displacing water from connectors.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past winter I had salt & water get into my trailer connector and it too caused funky problems with my brake lights. Have a look at the connector, you'll likely find it corroded and in need of a cleaning.

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks all. i cut my hand on a broken wine bottle so i prob won't get to it for a couple weeks, but i'll post up what takes care of it. damn wine bottles......cut 1 tendon, 3 nerves, and 2 arteries......jeep fun on hold.

Latest posts

Members online