Lifters for 2006 3.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa sold me sealed power HT-2271 and they are listed as being compatible with the jeep 02-04 3.7L motor.

AFAIK, there should be no real difference in the lifters used on the 02-04 3.7 and the lifters i need for the 3.7L in my 2006.

Will the HT-2271 Lifters work or will I be in for a surprise when I have the heads opened up?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much help here but I remember when I replaced a few with Mellings in my 02 they were for 02-04. Not sure if the older ones will fit in you 06 or not but I'd be prepared to be disappointed.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much help here but I remember when I replaced a few with Mellings in my 02 they were for 02-04. Not sure if the older ones will fit in you 06 or not but I'd be prepared to be disappointed.

I just Ordered the Sealed Power HT-2308's from rock auto and over-nighted them. I will hopefully see them by the end of tomorrow or Saturday morning.

better to be safe than sorry. even if they fit, every picture I see shows the oil hole in a different spot on the lifter between the different lifter part numbers (even the mopar numbers show the slight difference).

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is lifters something a shade tree mechanic can do? I.E. can they be done without messing with turning over the engine ect.

What difference do they make to valve performance? faster response? Can they be replaced just by removing valve covers?

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is lifters something a shade tree mechanic can do? I.E. can they be done without messing with turning over the engine ect.

What difference do they make to valve performance? faster response? Can they be replaced just by removing valve covers?

I don't consider myself a great mechanic by any means and i feel confident in my ability to replace them. in order to access them the valve covers are the only part that needs to be removed on the 3.7, the cams, rockers, valves, etc... all stay in place.

I'm not sure that you absolutely have to turn the engine over to replace the lifters, but not doing so would make it real difficult to compress an already compressed valve spring in order to remove the lifter.

In my case it isn't a performance issue, it is a corrective maintenance repair, I have 1 or 2 lifters that are making a lot of noise (either collapsed or solid) so i am replacing all the lifters before more serious problems arise.