Lift with Stock /Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddincharlotte

Reaction score
Lift with Stock Wheels / Tires

Anyone do this? Any pictures?

Thinking about doing the 1.5" OME lift on my daughters 2005 Liberty Renegade. I think the stock tire size is 225/75/16. I've found a line on some brand new km2s for $500.

Was going to pick them up and install as she really needs tires now and then lift later. Would rather not buy tires twice and actually have seen a couple of these done, kind of like the look of the smaller tires in space like that.

Would appreciate any pics from guys who have done this or some suggestions on a little larger tire. Feel like the renegade is powered well right now and would rather not weigh it down with 33s.

Last edited:

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people run the 245 size with around a 70 or 75. I got a 2.5" lift and put on 265/75/R16 that use the stock wheels. 235/70 doesn't look that back without a lift. That's what my Liberty was on before the upgrade.

toddincharlotte

Reaction score
She's not going to be out rock climbing or anything, this is more fashion than function.

The Renegade is 4wd so it's already got a decent look to it.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another stock size is 235/70/16 as mentioned. For a more proper "what can you stuff" could you please measure for the middle of the rim to the bottom of the fender flare?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
isn't the OME about 2-2.5" of lift even though it is advertised as 1.5" for AUS insurance purposes?

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.75" with stock wheels/tires 235/70R/16

You must be registered for see images

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
thats my 06 stock wheels and 225/75 the same day i did an ome 926/948 lift. So it defiantely hasnt settled any yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddincharlotte

Reaction score
Ahhhh...so this is something I didn't realize. 2-2.5" is really kind of more than I was looking to do......starting to wonder if maybe a spacer lift might be a better way to go.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone do this? Any pictures?

Thinking about doing the 1.5" OME lift on my daughters 2005 Liberty Renegade. I think the stock tire size is 225/75/16. I've found a line on some brand new km2s for $500.

Was going to pick them up and install as she really needs tires now and then lift later. Would rather not buy tires twice and actually have seen a couple of these done, kind of like the look of the smaller tires in space like that.

Would appreciate any pics from guys who have done this or some suggestions on a little larger tire. Feel like the renegade is powered well right now and would rather not weigh it down with 33s.

Go to a 245-70-16, will fit with minor rubbing
OME advertises 1.5 inches of lift but in reality its 2.5 ( 927 front/ 948 rear)
One of the ones that went through my shop, 3.5 inches of lift and 245-70-16s

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most people run the 245 size with around a 70 or 75. I got a 2.5" lift and put on 265/75/R16 that use the stock wheels. 235/70 doesn't look that back without a lift. That's what my Liberty was on before the upgrade.

Woule never ever suggest running 265-75-16s on 2.5 inches of lift
No room for any flex at all , plus no mention of regearing so leading a newbie down a very wrong path

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is 2005 sport. I did ome and bilstein shocks. Ride is 100 times better with these than stock. For 05, you really want to consider shock upgrade. Parts would cost about $700-800ish and labor with alignment should be about $300 at most. It's the best upgrade you can do.

Wheels, you can keep stock rims and go for 245/75r16's. Stock size tire looks odd on lift. You really want to do alignment after tire upgrade though. I'm not sure how you can work that out.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Tommudd i am very well known of your opinion on my 265's lol. But that is why I said most people go for the 245's and said what I went with! I don't go to extreme trails where I need a lot of flex. If I would have known about this sight before I did everything I might have gone with 245's as well. But, can't make apple juice from lemons. So I can either use the tires and regear, or wait and get the right sized tires, and still possibly regear =P

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Teraflex 2" kit in our KJ. Most of the forum trashes spacer lifts, but the fact of the matter is its worked out well. :shrug: Rest of the specs are in the sig.

My wife has two other co-workers with KJs and they often park together in the lot. Besides the lift and more aggressive tires, the wheel spacers really help the look bringing the tires out the flush with the fender flares. :gr_grin:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what should a real lift cost for like ome installed i would like to hear what tomm charges im looking at getting a nice job in the near future and would be willing to travel out there if it is just a weekend jobber

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't have a current pic when I posted last. Now I do :gr_grin:

- Teraflex 2" lift (over the top spacer)
- RRO upper control arms
- Monroe load-assist coilover rear shocks (Dakota application)
- 245/75R16E Goodyear Wrangler Territory
- 1.25" wheel spacers
- pinch weld mod

Attachments

• 20150710_052906_resized.jpg
    20150710_052906_resized.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: