Lift w/o bumper opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coryho

Reaction score
I’m currently pricing and putting together a parts list for my jeep. I plan to get an arb winch bumper eventually but plan to get the lift first. Would buying the heavy duty lift and driving it without load be an issue until I get the bumper?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're referring too as "the heavy duty lift" if it means 927 OME springs in front, myself and many others run them with stock bumpers and are happy with it.

Coryho

Reaction score
Depends on what you're referring too as "the heavy duty lift" if it means 927 OME springs in front, myself and many others run them with stock bumpers and are happy with it.
No I’m talking the 790’s

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't say, I have no first hand experience with those springs, good luck.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I got my answer from the Facebook group though. Basically just a stiff ride til I get the bumper and winch
Ask us, not face book
With 790s and no front bumper etc it will be way too stiff for most everyone
927s are great ride and handling , and can be run with an ARB but no winch, I did for 100,000 miles on the 04

Coryho

Reaction score
Ask us, not face book
With 790s and no front bumper etc it will be way too stiff for most everyone
927s are great ride and handling , and can be run with an ARB but no winch, I did for 100,000 miles on the 04
When you ran them, did you wheel it often? This is an extra vehicle for me with plans to only drive it when going on trails and doing off road camping (overlanding). I may not even end up going ARB and may just weld on a winch plate to mount the winch. In that case I would assume I would definitely be ok with 927s?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it was a DD and wheeled as well
As far as 927s depends on what all you bolt on to hold the winch, plus steel cable , weight of winch etc can add up quickly

Coryho

Reaction score
Yes it was a DD and wheeled as well
As far as 927s depends on what all you bolt on to hold the winch, plus steel cable , weight of winch etc can add up quickly
Yep, I found some other responses you made in another thread. I actually ordered 927s tonight. Figure I’ll run those and if I find in the future I’m over loading them then it will be time to upgrade.

Latest posts

Members online