Lift, tires, power adders, and more...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nightowl007

Reaction score
Here is what I'm planning for my first Jeep. I would like first hand responses only please...no "I heard, I feel, my opinion is" posts please, unless you actually have done this to yours.

I'm looking at the Tommudd Econo Lift, not sure on what size tire yet (as large as I can fit with the lift, factory rims, and no interference), some sort of power programmer/intake/exhaust/combo to add a little bit of the power lost on the larger tires. But, I'll say this, the power of this 3.7L is noticeably more than that of the 2002 that the ex kept.

Who has installed what power adders to their 3.7L? I'm thinking of even looking for an under drive pulley kit. When doing several power adding options, I wonder if I'll need to run higher octane fuel (like I had to do with my 2003 Dodge Ram Hemi. I did several upgrades to the Hemi and that truck was ridiculous to try and drive on wet pavement)? I'm trying to keep this as a daily driver with maybe a little off road fun. Being a daily driver, I do not want to make it more fun off road than on road...which I'm sure it already is factory...

Something else I'm thinking about is rocker guards with a built in step, front and rear bumpers, grill guard, and tail light guards....uh-oh!!! I can see that I'm going to be in trouble with this Jeep...but when all the above is completed, it is going to look awesome!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
CAIs / exhaust do nothing at all for the 3.7s
so save your $$$ there also no underdrive pulleys
larger tires/ more weight = regear best bang for the buck
Its a heavy KJ with a 3.7 its not a Hemi powered PU

unless you regear then 245-75-16s

Latest posts

Members online