lift purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azman

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to this whole forum posting thing so bear with me. I have an '03 KJ sport and I am looking to get the max clearance possible. I know that I cant do more than a 2.5" lift because of binding issues, but I am having trouble finding the best lift that wont rattle and cost me my firstborn. I live in AZ so most of the trails have some rocks for crawling and I admit, I do enjoy that part. cant see the best stuff without a little adventure... What is the best 2.5" lift at the best cost, and whats the max tire size i can fit, not much in the way of warranty on this beastie so i am not afraid of a little modification. any help would or advice would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: My website will have some pics of my jeep out and about in AZ if your interested.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

azman

Reaction score
well, thank you for the help. as for bigger tires, like i said, I am not afraid to do a little modification to my plastic fender wells to fit something bigger.
All the guys over here rave about the Rusty kit huh? I definately like the price much better than some of the others that I have looked at.
Does anyone know about ball joint rubbing on the spring and such with that kit, cause i do like to do a little more crawling over rocks than most and i really dont wanna screw myself with that. like I said, its almost a necessity out here to see the good sites.

oh yeah, I have some pics from my last outing on my web page, anyone can check it out, still in the development stages for now so bear with me.

galxy.topcities.com/template.html

let me know what yall think.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
azman said:
well, thank you for the help. as for bigger tires, like i said, I am not afraid to do a little modification to my plastic fender wells to fit something bigger.
All the guys over here rave about the Rusty kit huh? I definately like the price much better than some of the others that I have looked at.
Does anyone know about ball joint rubbing on the spring and such with that kit, cause i do like to do a little more crawling over rocks than most and i really dont wanna screw myself with that. like I said, its almost a necessity out here to see the good sites.

oh yeah, I have some pics from my last outing on my web page, anyone can check it out, still in the development stages for now so bear with me.

galxy.topcities.com/template.html

let me know what yall think.

The Rusty's spring lift will not cause ball joint contact. It uses OME sturts with the stock plate which is not long enough to cause ball joint contact.