[lift] need your opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tigrou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just come back from my dealer to ask about lift kit ans skid plates for my KJ.

The dealer told me that 2"5 skyjacker kit is not a good one. He had many return from customers because of oil "leaking".

I also told me to use instead of the skyjacker kit some "holds" to lift the kj about 2" / 2"5
And also to change my tires from 235/70/16 goodyear Wrangler to 245/75/16 general grabber AT2.

What to U think about that ?
Everybody seems to use skyjacker kit
What is the best solution please ?

Ps: Hope my english is not too bad to be understood. (Aeh)

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the "Daystar 2 1/2'' spacer lift". I'm pretty happy with it, so is my KJ... The only problem I got is.....I wish I could lift her higher \:D/
Just my opinion....but I got 245/75-16 BF Goodwrench AT's, and I love em' !!!!!

P.S. Be sure to feed her some dirt from time to time...

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that depends

if he is talking about the skyjacker budget spacer lift maybe because of the pucks and by the look of it no strut drop bracket

but if its the skyjacker coil lift a friend has one on his 02 KJ and loves the ride

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tigrou said:
Hi,

I just come back from my dealer to ask about lift kit ans skid plates for my KJ.

The dealer told me that 2"5 skyjacker kit is not a good one. He had many return from customers because of oil "leaking".

I also told me to use instead of the skyjacker kit some "holds" to lift the kj about 2" / 2"5
And also to change my tires from 235/70/16 goodyear Wrangler to 245/75/16 general grabber AT2.

Good suggestion for a tire. From what I've heard, it's a well-behaved AT that will be great on the road, get good off-road traction (similar tread pattern to the BFG ATKO), but cost 1/2 as much.

Who? I don't know anybody with a skyjacker, at least not on a liberty. Everybody here seems to use one of [Frankenlift | Rustys | Daystar]

If the dealer is giving recommendations, take em! See if you can get them to tell you what lift to get, that way if something goes wrong, you have a dealer behind you. Frankenlift, Rusty's and Daystar are all tried-and-true lifts that a number of people on here and lost have been using for years that work great. I'd suggest going with one of those, just because you'll have a lot of people who know the lift at your disposal for help if you need it.

raceinfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Se7enLC said:
Tigrou said:
Hi,

Good suggestion for a tire. From what I've heard, it's a well-behaved AT that will be great on the road, get good off-road traction (similar tread pattern to the BFG ATKO), but cost 1/2 as much.

Who? I don't know anybody with a skyjacker, at least not on a liberty. Everybody here seems to use one of [Frankenlift | Rustys | Daystar]

If the dealer is giving recommendations, take em! See if you can get them to tell you what lift to get, that way if something goes wrong, you have a dealer behind you. Frankenlift, Rusty's and Daystar are all tried-and-true lifts that a number of people on here and lost have been using for years that work great. I'd suggest going with one of those, just because you'll have a lot of people who know the lift at your disposal for help if you need it.

X2

HIKJ

Reaction score
Skyjacker kit

I have the Skyjacker kit under my 2005 CRD 2.8.
Have had problem with rear shocks, have been replaced.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skyjacker is in no way the most popular lift for the KJ. Not knowing what your doing with the rig and how much your willing to spend it's hard to help. General AT2s are a fine tire, the size is right.

psinsyd

Reaction score
I thought that with the earlier Skyjacker lib250k kits that they were causing pretty drastic CV angles. May not be the case anymore, but that's just what I've read.

:-s

Latest posts

Members online