Lift my liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Aleman

Richie 2005 liberty
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade. I am confused on the lift kit I am needed. I called roughcountry and they said they don't have a lift there for me because my Jeep is a Jeep Liberty Renegade. I was wondering if anyone can help me or give me some advice on where to purchase a lift for my Jeep Liberty Renegade. It's my daily driver so I am just looking for something for looks not for off-roading. Apparently my Jeep Liberty Renegade has a factory 2 inch lift on the front so that's the reason why the one that roughcountry wouldn't work

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wrong wrong wrong all the way, where do we start?
First rough country is one of the very worst ways to lift as is any cheap spacer lift
Second Doesn't matter what year or model from 2002-2007 are all the same
Renegades do not have a factory lift on them , all suspensions with the exception of ones built before April 12,2002 are the same so whoever told you that is full of do-do

If it is you daily driver then you want something that rides and handles good on all terrain
So a full spring lift from OME is what you need
OME 927/948 combo of springs will give you 2.5 inches of lift, then the right shocks from either Bilstein or OME, bumpstops etc and it will ride and handle better than it did brand new

Richard Aleman

Richie 2005 liberty
Reaction score
thank you so much man. I talked to $some guy at rough country and he told me that. I thought it was weird that my liberty came with a factory lift up front. Also he said it was cause mine was a liberty renegade. I. Going to check out what you said and if its ok can I message you back if I have any other questions

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The Renegade lies about them being lifted from the factory has been around for years
Anyone who has ever checked, worked on or owned one knows the truth.
You would think someone from a aftermarket manufacturer would know better BUT after working for Jegs for a while I can see how that happens
Some of the people who are on the front line, not even sure how they got a drivers license, let alone advise someone on parts for vehicles

You'll need the 4 springs, 4 new shocks, teraflex bumpstops for front etc
ask away

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Renegade lies about them being lifted from the factory has been around for years
Anyone who has ever checked, worked on or owned one knows the truth.
You would think someone from a aftermarket manufacturer would know better BUT after working for Jegs for a while I can see how that happens
Some of the people who are on the front line, not even sure how they got a drivers license, let alone advise someone on parts for vehicles

You'll need the 4 springs, 4 new shocks, teraflex bumpstops for front etc
ask away
Following this -

tom,

is there any concern with changes in steering geometry / alignment?
Thanks!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Following this -

tom,

is there any concern with changes in steering geometry / alignment?
Thanks!

Of course you have to get an alignment right after initial lift, then in about 1000 miles or less, depending on how much you can get out and twist it up etc
But on my 04 with 4.5 inches of lift never any issues with alignment, always brought in to specs, no issues
2.5 inches/ 3 or so none what so ever unless there were other issues before lift
Shop that did all of my springs for me had a guy with over 30 years experience aligning cars, trucks etc , that is what you have to look for . Some of the shops I went to when I first lifted my 04 in early 05 said IFS can not be aligned if lifted ;) . Greenhorns and did not want to learn. I even offered to teach one guy how to do it and the manager said no way, it can't be done :) Needless to say never went back there ever again

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course you have to get an alignment right after initial lift, then in about 1000 miles or less, depending on how much you can get out and twist it up etc
But on my 04 with 4.5 inches of lift never any issues with alignment, always brought in to specs, no issues
2.5 inches/ 3 or so none what so ever unless there were other issues before lift
Shop that did all of my springs for me had a guy with over 30 years experience aligning cars, trucks etc , that is what you have to look for . Some of the shops I went to when I first lifted my 04 in early 05 said IFS can not be aligned if lifted ;) . Greenhorns and did not want to learn. I even offered to teach one guy how to do it and the manager said no way, it can't be done :) Needless to say never went back there ever again
Thanks! I never wanted to do a lift til I got this 06, and began reading that the handling is so much better than stock. The 04 we have has a lot less miles, but is starting to get rusty rockers, and for all my mechanical skills, body work is not my bag. The 06 is structurally better and would be the base for this.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I never wanted to do a lift til I got this 06, and began reading that the handling is so much better than stock. The 04 we have has a lot less miles, but is starting to get rusty rockers, and for all my mechanical skills, body work is not my bag. The 06 is structurally better and would be the base for this.

I never had driven a KJ until after I bought the 04 brand new.
Had sat in them, read up on them etc , the last XJ I had ( bought 3 of them new ) was at way over 275,000 miles, had just got a big raise so bought a new Jeep.
My very first drive was 5 hours to where I was moving to for the new position , and half way there knew that the stock suspension was terrible ( KJ had about 150 miles on it at this point)
The more I drove it the more I loved it except for the suspension , it was to the point of trading a 2-3 day old vehicle off or upgrade, which started the journey
First lift was OME 927/948s etc , now it rode like it should have from the factory.

The 03 was used when I bought it but actually had the JBA 2.5 setup ordered and waiting , just was trying to find the right KJ, cause I knew it would need it with 78,000 on it

Latest posts

Members online