Lift kit

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Robert Vanni, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Robert Vanni

Robert Vanni New Member

Hey yall

I just bought me a 2002 liberty having trouble finding a lift kit can anyone help me out? I do not want just spacers

2. Spr

Spr New Member

OME 927 Front springs
    OME 948 Rear springs
    Bilstein 24139168 Front shock (same as stock)
    Bilstein 24-185660 Rear shocks (Can also go with rear bilstein shocks from 99-04 dakota crew cab)

2 hockey pucks per side mounted in lower spring perch and drilled in the center
    Mount these pucks with 3/8 inch bolt, 2 1/4 inch long with lock washer and nut

You could also use conduit nuts to help level the jeep.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  3. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Lift kits are the exact same from 2002-2007
    The above list is almost right on and works well, have lifted over 60 with the above springs and shocks
    also need teraflex bumpstops for the front use them in place of the stock ones
    also it will sit level with the above setup so no need for the conduit nuts that are mentioned
    will be sitting 2.5 inches above new stock height

Rear springs are 948 NOT 947

PLUS we have a whole section just about lifting a KJ

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  4. Robert Vanni

Robert Vanni New Member

So I should go by the above list and do not order a sky jackets kit?

5. Spr

Spr New Member

Thanks for catching those 2 things Tom. Accidentally fat-fingered 7 rather than 8.

Robert, you'll want to go with the OME stuff. Tom has mentioned many times across this forum about the Skyjacker, BDS, and any non-Old Man Emu lift kit since the spring rates are similar to stock and they sag quickly.

For reference, I'm currently in the dilemma of needing to replace my shocks, springs, and rear upper tri-link (mine are stock) and my mechanic suggested Quick-strut assemblies (We have coilover shocks... damn marketing).
    I will not go with the assemblies since they will sag and my KJ already rides really rough so I'll go with OME.

You could go with the Skyjacker but it will ride rougher and wear out faster than going OME.

6. Robert Vanni

Robert Vanni New Member

Thanks you guys are awesome glad to have joined this forum!

7. Robert Vanni

Robert Vanni New Member

Also anyone here from Jersey and want to do/ill help with the work. I am an electrician not so much a mechanic

8. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Skyjacker springs are weak , same as stock and will sag down in short order , so yes DO NOT BUY